Jeb declines 2012 Run!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, May 4, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Jeb Bush, GOP: Time to leave Reagan behind
    So... let's get this straight. Because Dubya tried to 'make nice' with Dems, without a Tip O'Neill to keep them in line.

And McCain finally conveniently remembered about his party being resurrected by Reagan.. thus he spaketh the name more than in all the years since the 2000 campaign and -SOMEHOW- that didnt work on the yokels in the heartland.

So because of that we should give up on the one unifying force?

I think not.

Jeb.. I WAS on the fence about you but you are as condescending as all the rest.

Yet ANOTHER establishment pol that doesnt get what tea parties are about.

EPIC FAIL... and the MSM just wont be abloe to understand why.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

When exactly was it the "Dubya tried to make nice to the Dems?" Must have been during a 45 minute nap somewhere and I missed it.

It's a shame about Jeb. He was the anointed one. He was the one with a real political record and brain. Unfortunately, the party wanted somebody without any political philosophy or sense of statesmanship -- someone easy to indoctrinate. Jeb's biggest problem was that he was too much like his father, that is, he wanted to govern and make things better. The party wanted divisiveness. The Neocon's embrace of George W. Bush was a calculated slap at the old man, just as most of his policies were. Jeb, in the meantime, went from a rising Republican star to a punchline -- the governor of the state that finagled the election for his far less intelligent and competent brother.

And don't worry, 'fog. If, after the eight big-government deficit spending years of the past administration, you still see Ronald Reagan ANYWHERE in George W. Bush, you'll see him in anyone the Republicans put up -- as long as it isn't John McCain.

3. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

God Bless Ronald Reagan........

4. pettyfog

Don you would twist yourself into a pretzel to make a point.. and you just did. But I aint biting.

According to YOU the Dems are the fiscally responsible ones? Dubya was no conservative. But he was not exactly a Neo-con either.. same as I'm not EXACTLY.

But the POINT is not where we've been, anyway... the point is where we're going. Starting with Bush and Paulsen's TARP bailout, this country is being dug a huge hole of debt. When I see you complain about CURRENT matters without somehow making them all Bush's fault, I'll take you seriously. How many times I have to say that.

Jeb might have a brain but he evidently doesnt have the sense. Intellect tells him there's no point in fighting the drift; that we have to do the same but maybe less of it.

Many conservatives are looking at the RESULTS of our interventions so far and saying we really dont have to do ANYTHING. Because, as in the Car Company bailouts, there's only one end result possible. 'Doing something' only delays the inevitable.

Summary: they're only trying to preserve their power base.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Talk about twisting away, the only time I mentioned Democrats in my post was to ask exactly where it was that GWB "made nice with them." And somehow, that meant that I said that the Democrats were the fiscally responsible ones. Your logic train continues to be unassailable.

6. pettyfog

I guess I need to put things in bullet point format or highlight those points:

So.. in summary: As the sower of the seeds we are reaping now, Jimmy Carter was the WORST president in living memory and no amount of deflection by you is going to change that fact.

If that doesnt make sense to the rest of you... think about it.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It seems with you that I have two choices:

1. continually point out that you're attacking me for saying things I'm not saying -- Bush all at fault, in Carter defense mode

OR

2. Just laugh out loud at your flailing tactics and move on without comment.

Here's my decision: :lol: :big grin: :3d smile: :3d laughing: :3d funny: :3d laughing: :lol:

8. pettyfog

Seen that before.. by another bush basher. That was his sole argument in rebuttal. A Celtic fan, BTW
    ;)

You all might wonder why this goes on and on. Remember the game 'Twenty Questions'? There's an engineering method called 'Fuzzy Logic'. It's a lot like twenty questions.
    While as Don says, you all have a pretty good idea of my political views, do you realize you have little to no idea of his?

I'm still trying to figure it out. But, like an allergist, sometimes you just have to try applying irritants and discern by successive approximation.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

AND/OR

want to know more about my political views.

There's several hundred readers on this site, so let's see those signatures.

Let me start the ball rolling by NOT signing

[sorry; I've used up my weekly quota of laughing emoticons]

10. pettyfog

I luv ya, Man!

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Once again, you two should be married.

12. pettyfog

Steve: One more of those and all such posts will be deleted.

Not that there's anything wrong with them...

13. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Amnesty for one, Rumpelstiltskin. There were plenty of times, much to his party's dismay, and they were well covered by the press. Your mileage may have varied on the results of those endeavors, but they weren't all disagreements like Iraq and executive power parameters.....till the '08 election anyway.