January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Nov 27, 2011.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yes, I agree our forward options aren't the greatest. But I just don't see us getting somebody very good without over paying (and I can't see Mo doing this) in the winter market. Too many teams make desperate moves to go up the table (whether for a top 4 place or out of the bottom). While I would love to see us in the top 8 this season, it's just very unlikely when the team collectively keeps their playing abilities at home while playing away. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to wait and use the money wisely in the summer market. But, then again, I wouldn't be shocked to see Dempsey go at that time. And he'll be very difficult to replace. :angry-banghead:

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Definitely not something you want to wake up to...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... for-Zamora

Zamora>Pogrebnyak.

3. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Should be a fun deadline day. Lol

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, should be fun, but it is nerve racking for us supporters. I just hope if Fulham does sell Bobby, they use the money to buy Barrios.

5. SCFulhamFan

Apparently Kasami tweeted he is staying. Good news there!

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yay!

Here are some amusing qoutes from Fulham's new signing, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -live.html

Something lost in translation?

7. SCFulhamFan

1441: BBC Sport have learnt that QPR have agreed a fee with Fulham for Bobby Zamora, believed to be £4m. Medical and personal terms still to be agreed.

:shock:

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

£4m? Please, tell me Fulham got more than that. Please let Fulham sign Barrios!

9. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

We better have somebody lined up if we are selling Zamora. This transfer day looks like it will suck. I read that we want Odemwingie, yeah that won't cut it.

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/live-update/5 ... e-day-live

11. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

According to the dude at West Brom's training ground, the Barrios deal isn't happening and Odemwingie isn't for sale either. I want to think we wouldn't sell Zamora without somebody lined up, but I doubt it.

12. SCFulhamFan

Jimmy_Bearman on Twitter: "Over 30? Over rated? Over paid? If yes to all of the above, QPR are probably speaking to your agent."

hahaha

13. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

There was a guy on Sky Sports at our training ground and he said nothing about Barrios and made it sound like Pogrebnyak was the guy to replace Zamora. I hope he is clueless as this would be horrible.

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Not sure how I'm feeling about this deal. I don't follow the Bundesliga so never have seen the striker involved. This might be the move to get Bobby back on track and come back to haunt us.

EDIT: Just Wikied this Pogrebnyak. 6'2" 28 years old w/15 goals in 64 appearance for Stuttgart. If this goes through (w/Bobby leaving and this guy the replacement) I'm going to be sick :puke-front:

15. SCFulhamFan

"The transfer of Pavel Pogrebnyak to Fulham will be completed very shortly, after the player passed a medical and has gained a work permit. Only paperwork holds him back now."

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, Barrios is staying in Deutschland. And Fulham have very little time left to sign someone else to replace Bobby.

17. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

If we let Zamora leave, then we pretty much lost any chance at making a charge up the table. I don't know where the goals are going to come from. The forward from Stuttgart and Sa have 2 goals combined and AJ isn't any better and the only reason why he's in double figures is because of Europe. Unless Jol has a backup plan to Barrios and can pull it off quickly, we are screwed in the goal scoring department.

18. SCFulhamFan

Sa will come through. You heard it here first!

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well the Zamora deal still isn't done. And it's official that Ryan Williams has signed.

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Sky is reporting it official. Zamora is now at QPR.