January 2010 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFC24, Oct 24, 2009.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Even though the transfer window is over 2 months away, now's the time we start hearing rumors. Figure we should start the thread now as the first rumor that is out there is Fulham looking at Brek Shea of FC Dallas. At least that's what I read on Yahoo.

As always rumors,analysis etc should probably be placed here.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think that piece of BS was debunked a good month ago, but thanks for starting the thread, 24!

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I figured it was garbage since it was coming from the Sun. Still seems to be a popular story that many news sites have picked up. Not sure why as Shea is nowhere near good enough for the EPL, especially at 2M pounds.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Want some bigger BS? Shea made $70,000 with $100,000 guaranteed this season.

The same season in which he never scored a goal and is now out of with an injury.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Speaking of garbage, the recent spate of articles saying that we were going to sign Emile Heskey in January and send BZ off to West Brom ALL came from a speculative -90% joking paragraph on a Fulham fan's blog. Once it was out there, dozens of news organizations reported it as if it was real.

The original author posted a bemused mea culpa on Friends of Fulham a while back.

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Seydou Dembia of Young Boys in Switzerland has been linked. Who is he? He's scored 32 goals in 45 appeearances for them and is just 21. What's even more impressive about that? He only started 19 or so of those games. I certainly wouldn't mind putting down a couple mil to get a player who can score like that.

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Not January, but transfer-related: Elliot Omozusi has joined Charlton on loan for two months. The entirety of the article is:
    I like "who is still registered with Fulham FC", like they're reassuring us that they haven't forgotten all about him.

8. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

There was a story this morning that said that we are goin g to try and sign Heskey. This makes absolutely no sense so I'm just gonna file it under the Bullshit file.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Heskey is a better Zamora, but it wouldn't make any sense to have both of them.

10. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

You got me all excited now?????

11. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

No Huskey. Not that he's bad, but redundant.

I'm thinking some one or two better players of interest. Certainly our newly established successes and stability are attracting attention of some quality players who think playing for the newly most fashionable Club on the west side of London would not be all that bad.

Stick the blue flag up your arse!

12. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

I think what we're looking for is someone who can take Fulham from a Top 10 situation into a competitor for a Top 5 slot.

Those players are rarely available and rarely arrive on the cheap.

Maybe there is someone lurking on the bench at one of the big four clubs who could come in and make that kind of contribution.

13. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Well I can tell you that Balotelli rarely plays if Milito and Eto'o are healthy and West Ham was already rumored to want him for 8.6m. It's a risk and somebody who could end up hurting the whole team with his attitude, but he's also somebody who might just need a new situation and a manager who can fix his attitude and I think Roy can do that.

14. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

With the CAN going on in January and the World Cup in June, there actually might be some big names available because players will want PT before the WC.

It will probably just be loan deals, but still. We did get Wayne Bridge in 2006 after all.

15. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

no, No, NO!

Hodgson would never invite such a player on his team. Next!

16. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

You said, "Wayne Bridge". Ha!!

17. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Who else can we get that is that talented and costs under 10m? Balotelli might have attitude problems, but so do many top class players. Even Altidore has shown problems. I believe that Hodgson can help Balotelli out of those problems. If he doesn't then you can always sell him in the summer.

18. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Hull may have to give up Altidore for financial reasons (they're paying his wages). Roy could use him to good effect.

19. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I don't think "The Special One" wants to give him up. He's his Drogba Project at Inter.

Here's a thought: Straight swap, EJ for Altidore. You know EJ could use more time in the soda pop, but this will never happen.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I like the straight swap, Christian, but Altidore belongs to The Yellow Submarine, not Hell City.