January 2009 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by RidgeRider, Sep 16, 2008.

1. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Oh I agree with Don as well. Brian should stay in Chicago. I'm cool with that, Chicago Fire is the first soccer team I ever supported and continue to support. But the loan deal wouldn't have to be structured like the one Landon or Becks has.

I have been calling for a McBride testimonial match ever since he left last season. Let that be his return to the Cottage.

2. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

haha. I've been trying to change my avatar actually, but for some reason, I can't load up a new one.

3. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I don't know how I feel about the McBride talk. On one hand I would love to see my favorite American born player suit up once again for Fulham, but I also don't want to see his legacy tarnished if he is not match fit.

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

5. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Ahhh, how did my avatar get changed to Erik the Conqueror? Fair enough though. It works.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

But that wouldn't make any sense for the Fire or the MLS. Besides, if that was on Brian's radar, he'd have been over here training since Christmas. As I said on another site, the love and respect we have for this guy makes this unfounded rumor particularly cruel.

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I'm trying to parallel this to Henrik Larsson's brief stint at Man United, but can't.

I wouldnt be surprised if this wasn't true at all.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, if folks are making stuff up, how about Robbie Keane leaving Liverpool on loan to Fulham for the rest of the season? At least he doesn't have an MLS season to be getting ready for, and the rumor was "a striker on loan." Doesn't the fact that Liverpool didn't even put him on the bench today PROVE he's coming to the Cottage?

9. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I really, really hope that, if McBride goes on loan to FFC that it's only until March.

Not to be selfish, but I have tickets to the DC United - Chicago Fire game on March 28th.. :-D

10. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I dont see the McBride move... But stranger things have happened.

I am not sure why this would be necessary tho. The 3 points this weekend puts the club in a great position so it seems that the money would be better spent on a long term solution in the CM.

11. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Also - with Kamara starting to train again we should have more than enough options up front.

12. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

13. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Happy F5 Day, everyone!

I see Andreasen and Andranik have gone out on loan. Must mean that the Dacourt deal is just about done, and I suspect another midfielder may be on the way.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and Roy has rubbished any lingering talk about Fabian Delph. It never made much sense to me in any case.

Look for Blackburn to go nuts ... they just lost Emerton to an ACL for the season. He's been their only Prem class player this season. Guess that'll keep Pedersen in Blackburn now; he had been rumored to be coming to us.

15. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Wow, didn't know that about Emerton. There goes Blackburn, diving like a submarine.

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Since I'm working from home today (SERIOUS SNOW HERE IN LONDON), I thought I would share the following taken by an FFC regular...for you churchgoers with a sense of humor.

[​IMG]

Yes, they really did do that.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks, Mike. It's stuff like that sign that really make me miss England.

Oh, and this just in:

18. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

So far for Fulham, we've had 2 midfielders go out on Loan, another one sign a permanent contract for antoher 6 months (Gray) and have two defenders make moves (one in and one out) which was Junior and Liejer (see the FUSA home page for details).

19. jmh

jmh New Member

Forgive me for not being wholly impressed thus far.

20. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

And it came true?

Premier League extends deadline

The Premier League has agreed to extend the transfer deadline for clubs who cannot complete deals because of the weather conditions.

The League said it would need e-mail confirmation from both teams to prove a deal had been agreed in principle.

It also need to be satisfied that it was the weather that had prevented the transfer being completed.

The Scottish Football Association and Football League say they have no plans to extend the transfer window.

A Football League spokesman said: "We have not had any clubs indicate any problems, so at the moment there are no plans to extend the deadline."