Jan. Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Dec 27, 2020.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Hopefully Tony and the staff have been looking for scoring help, and ready to make a move earlier rather then the end of January and that’s because of the schedule:

Next 6 thru the end of Jan (excluding FA Cup w/QPR); Spurs, Burnley (obviously no help for those 2), but then Scum & ManUre on the 15th & 20th, and 2 HUGE 6 pointers w/Brighton & Brom to finish Jan. We wait till the last 48 hours and our fate could be sealed. We have to get some goals early in the window.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  2. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

If ever there was a time to strike a deal early in the window this is it.

3. daddude7

daddude7 Member

Proven scorers are expensive, and not likely to be made available on loan unless they're going through a dry spell, and we don't want that. It'll be tough to get something better than what we have. I hope we do, but we should be prepared for the eventuality no one joins. If we do get an addition, I don't think it's likely he comes from a Big 5-league team. For example, I'm intrigued by Patson Daka from Red Bull Salzburg who picked up where Erling Haaland left off for them, but we'd need to drop someone else from the 25 to accommodate anyone new. Or we reach into the Championship, but would anyone from there be an improvement?

I don't have the U23 and U18 stats at my fingertips -- is there a young player at the club who could step up like Tammy Abraham has at Chelsea? Carvalho? Tiehi? Stansfield? Etc.?

I'm curious what Parker will do with the 25-player Prem list in January. Dropping Le Marchand and adding Josh Onomah is a no-brainer, and I hope he does that.

encorespanish, nevzter and SoCalJoe like this.
  4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Abraham wasn't an unknown quantity. He was a successful scorer in the Championship.

Hey! Don't we have his twin brother on our books?

A few weeks ago, The Undead were talking about letting Giroud go and I thought, "Here's a guy who can score and also light a fire under Mitro." Then he scored about 19 goals in a European match. We'll never get him now.

encorespanish, nevzter and BarryWhite like this.
  5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Somewhere there's an Erik Nevland lurking in the shadows...Fulham needs to find him.

COYW