It's finally over, Fulham announce Sanchez is gone

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by bq, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Han-Solo

Han-Solo New Member

Oh My God, I see that my avatar is enormous, but it doesn't depend on me. Michael can you help me? Thank you, mate......

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Is that your avatar or your baby?

3. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Well, in retrospect, perhaps this gun should have been fired after the TIE against Derby County. Just as well when your last win was over a month ago. Mo splashed the cash and Lawrie...uh...didn't succeed. As much as I like Healy, Davis, Bouazza, and Konchesky; Baird failed, Seol failed, and Kamara is too inconsistent for the amount paid.

It's a big challenge for anyone taking over - how to get the squad winning again with likely little to transfer for, players you'd be hard press to get rid of, and the fact you still have a lot of tough games left. Oh yeah, and Wigan tomorrow.

Come on you Whites??

4. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

5. bq

bq New Member

To Spencer-

I Don't think that's quite how it went down. Rich from CCN sent me this link tonight. I'll make a posting on our site tonight yet. But a very interesting and telling article from The Timesonline.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 085122.ece

To Han-Solo:

I know you probably haven't seen my post about Collins on another discussion, nor some of the comments I've made at my site, CCN or at Hammy End Chronicles and Following The Fulham, but it's sort of a misnomer that Collins has done well at Hib.

He won the league cup last year but had a major falling out with his players in the process. They met behind his back with the Chairman because they were so upset with him. The team dipped and finished middle of the table last year, 6 of 12. Middle of the table in the Scottish league. That's not all that great. They currently stand in 6th place with 13 wins, 10 draws and 15 losses. From my understanding the fans like him. But he's not a great manager by any standard.

6. BC

BC New Member

I was expecting this but not before the Wigan match! If there were no relegation, I'd say give Lawrie a year or two. But, with so much $ riding on staying up, I suppose something had to be done.

I'm not excited about Collins being manager either. I say we look for someone more experienced and with a better pedigree. Not sure who that would be though...

7. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Read somewhere that the club has approached Martin Jol. Don't know how credible the source is, however. I have my doubts about that one, quite frankly.

8. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

Yes, I'm unsure why he is seen as a good candidate. Tottenham had the same habit as Fulham, under Jol - throwing away leads late in the game e.g the 3-3 draw against us. And he certainly had more money to spend than LS.

9. bq

bq New Member

Jol will not be coming. A quote:

“I needed a break and I still need it. If you go to a club over Christmas they are always bottom of the league - and that is not what I need.”

10. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Jol is probably the only manager that can save this team. I have been thinking about this and if Collins is hired we can expect to see the whole of Scotland coming over for the transfer window. Not what we need. Mcclaren is uninspiring and that is the last thing we need,Hoddle could not get it done with Wolves,Venables I do not know too much about as a manager,Pardew is a Fulham supporter and is probably 2nd best to take the job. Jol on the other hand would bring in top class and is a decent manager. The one thing that is needed is a damn good transfer window along with a manager before the Tottenham game.

11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

You take one 15 hour car ride, and all hell has broken loose (hardly surprising when turning on my brother's computer this morning). Like any drastic move only time will tell. Couple random thoughts...

• LS had the club playing better, but home draws are a deathnote.

• Injuries to McBride and Cook were crushers.

• Refusal to deviate from the longball tactics when it was obviously not working showed a sign of an inexperienced manager. For my money a good coach in any sport brings to the table what they want to do, but adapt to the abilities of the players.

• Poor luck + poor calls + poor play the last 10 minutes of a half-dozen games = the sack.

12. bq

bq New Member

SoCalJoe-

More and more stories coming out of West London how Sanchez had lost the team. Players, inside personal and others all saying Sanchez was rigid, ridiculed players and didn't use players to their best abilities. Huh? And I sort of liked the guy up until now. Oh well.

Dempsey had some very telling things to say after the game on Saturday. One of those he said, but he didn't say specifically to make you understand that he was not happy under Sanchez. I'll start a new post with some links or go to Rich and my site or Hammy End Chronicles for more links. News is coming fast and furious and with the holidays it's hard to keep up but were all trying.