It was fun while it lasted.

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SteveM19, Apr 3, 2010.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I thoroughly enjoyed my year without the Toon -- hopefully I will get another one soon.

They just about sewed up promotion today, I figured that they would choke sooner or later, but Nottingham Forest did that more than the Toon. Oh well. I got everything that I reasonably could expect, I was only promised a year of silence, and I got it and loved it.

Mike Ashley still has no class. And you all better be nice, or I will bring THAT avatar photo back!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Please don't. Trading Miss Audrey for that pair of uglies is worse than the Reds trading Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas.

Ask your grandfather ... or Pettyfog.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Or Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio? Leave it to the Cubs, the Newcastle of the National league -- perennial losers and whiners. Come to think of it, has anyone ever seen Ryne Sandberg and Stephen Harper in the same room together?

4. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Sweet!
    Another year on FSC of lots of Manure, Scum & Toon.... puke... :3d crying:

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

If we get to trade Spam for the Toon, it'll make it a lot more palatable. I'll actually be happy about it if it's Hull and Spam.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Definitely -- I second the notion. The funny thing is that Burnley are, in my mind, the worst team in the league right now -- and they still have a shot at getting out of it. I'd love to see them get it together and send Hull and the Claret and Blue Scum down though.

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

It's official, the No Class Zebras are back. There goes the neighborhood :lol:

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

What's the over/under of FSC showing the clip of the owner Mike Ashley chugging that beer? I'm guessing tonight on the soccer report.

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

AHA!! Good point, I'll be DVRing FSR tonight as well as the NCAA title. I say it's in the opening segment. No other games are going on today, the news of their promotion has no other significant competition for the lead spot-- it's gotta be early on.