Iran starts war Games!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FFC24, Jul 7, 2008.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080707/ts_ ... nuclear_dc

They started war game sin the gulf and refused the package offered. This is not gonna end good for the world. I truly believe that they would block off the strait which would send oil prices to levels never seen before. I don't want war, but being a realist it's gonna happen unless we actually do the diplomacy thing and do it well.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Dont sweat it.. right now, anyway. It's a bluff...'saber-rattling'.

They wont be serious about it until they have their nukes. THEN worry.

And tell me again what that diplomacy thing would be?

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Re: RE: Iran starts war Games!

True diplomacy is when 2 leaders meet and discuss the issues that concern those 2 groups. Iran clearly wants attention and won't stop until they get it. You meet with them, discuss the issues and hopefully come to a solution. They don't want nukes and they're well aware that they cannot win a war against the USA. Many thinks Achmdinejad is an idiot, but he's very smart and knows what he's doing. He's going to try and get the most his country can get out of this situation.

And there is plenty to worry about. Israel has shown to be an extremely aggressive country and will attack if they feel others won't. If Israel attacks, you'll be paying $7 a gallon gas.

4. pettyfog

RE: Re: RE: Iran starts war Games!

Uh, no... he WANTS WAR. Not just against Iran, but against all of Islam.

He's said as much. It's the only way to bring back the 12th Imam.

See there you go impressing YOUR view on others' thought processes. Why not take in ALL the facts instead of those which just suit you. No matter what he's promised it will never be enough.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Do you believe everything you hear? Remember Bush said we would have a humble foreign policy. Don't believe the hype.

EVEN IF that idiot wanted war he can't declare it. The President of Iran does NOT have that authority. And there are major problems within the leadership so again don't believe everything you hear.

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

And just to bring home my point, they have NEVER invaded another country. If you honestly think they're a threat, then you're seriously drinking that neo-con kool-aid a little too much.

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Drinking it? I think 'fog snorts the powder the kool-aid is made from.

8. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I just don't get why people actually think that Iran wants war. I really really really don't get it. Listen, these idiots might be nuts, but even they know that the war would last a whole 5 minutes.

9. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Because he says it......ad nauseum. I actually side with your thinking that this is more bravado than anything and that the power behind the curtain won't let him, but still, it should be crystal clear why people would think that.

10. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

It shouldn't be crystal clear. Anybody with half a brain should be able to tell that he's doing this for show and for respect. Anybody that knows anything about Iran knows that he can't declare war anyways and that there is severe problems within the leadership.

11. pettyfog

Look... you cannot use both sides of the argument.

And if you dont understand what I mean, then you wont understand my explaining it.

I SAID:
    I will make this clear, their military, other than some elite Republican Guard, is crap. And there's no way he could block Hormuz for any period of time.

His bluff is just that for now... he knows all the above. So tell me again why, despite everyone's best efforts ending in frustration, we should 'find out what he wants'?

He WANTS exactly what is happening now. .. for NOW. THEN he wants to see if he can extort via nuke.

So bring on something newer and more than platitudes and quit talking in circles.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Has it been proven that they want a nuke? Seriously, I don't believe a shred of our intelligence. It's been proven to be absolute crap before and could be absolute crap now.

13. pettyfog

Arrgghhhhh!

You dont even HAVE to look at intelligence reports. You just have to wonder WHY!

Even that idiot El Baradei, depending on which he thinks will get him a longer tenure, says so.

If you read more than the first few para's of any media, you'd know that all the Arab nations think he's getting a nuke.

That the EU thinks he's getting a nuke... and Mossad sure as hell thinks that. They are one helluva lot better than the CIA. More to lose by being wrong.

14. pettyfog