Iran {retrospective on an old thread}

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ChicagoTom, Jan 19, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I Know ALL that... neither am I "Anti-UN" they have good long-term programs.

But I am particularly incensed by ANYONE {Kerry} who suggests that people of the world can trust their security to them, and that -somehow- the UN is less suspect or less prone to corruption than our own Administration.

WE have checks and balances... they dont; even when their feet are held to the fire, they - including Annan- continue to obstruct and cover up.

- - - - - - - -
    And BTW.. that Rawnda deal has been a sore point with me forever. We SHOULD have gone in there.
    If Powell or Condi had been the Secy of State we would have, UN be damned.

But we dont really want to go THERE, do we?
    :twisted:

2. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

So why have we not gone into Sudan, which is getting to be almost as bad as Rwanda was? After what happened in Mogadishu, I unfortunately feel that we're not going to be doing any sort of missions like that for a long time.

Rwanda would have been pretty simple too, the rebels used radios to communicate with one another, simply sending in some F-14s to destroy those towers would have gone along way. It certainly wouldn't have stopped the conflict, but it would have been something at least.

3. pettyfog

Jaysus!!!!!!!

The UN SAYS they are handling it, dont they! Do you think that Dubya is TOTALLy impervious to charges of unilateral action? He DOES want to make the UN feel important and useful..

But your point is exactly like those who insist that Dubya and his cabinet fess up to the mistakes they've made.

They know they have and they sure know what they are... but they ALSO know that anything they confess to will immediately be used against them, not taken by Dems and Libs as adding to their credibility.

It may impress YOU if they do... but do you REALLY think think that Stewart Smalley or Randi Rhodes will say on their Air Hamerica shows, "At last we can trust what that lying bastard says"?

- - - - -
    Yes, we should have sent those Somali bastards to he!!. and we could have, but do you recall that those were diffferent administrations, different times? You wont, BTW find me one of those who blames Clinton for NOT getting Osama... I blame his advisors!
    I think he would have... But as I say we dont want to go there... suffice it to say, if you dont get my drift, Condi will be the FIRST woman Secy of State that acts with US and human interests, rather than Geo-Politics, in mind

And THAT also explains Rwanda

4. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

i agree with Tom not surpisingly.... W is of his rocker... ANOTHER 80 Billion!!!???

Who knew he had no WMD's? Hans Blix that is.... the UN in that respect actually did a great job. They inspected and nothing was found, we essetially attaced Iraq cuz Saddam was screwing with the UN. Playing them to be fools, which is like telling your little sister you stole something from her when she really lost it, just to see her get all pissed off.

I actually had a bet with everyone I knew when GW got elected, ask American Mike...
    1. we would attack iraq
    2. we would never find any WMD's and if we did, it will be after the war was over assuming that GW was smart enough to plant something, which at this point would have been a good move.
    3. We would continue fighting with Oil bearing nations.... I dont have to mention this too much, thats another debate.

If you wondering how all this gets pinned on us, well your wondering cuz the media is pro american, which isnt actually journalism, but entertainment. Everyone should hate us, Pettyfog maintains an opinion that these countries are too scared to change... but honestly some dont care too, they have a humble religion that has worked, although not seamlessly for a millennia, world politics dont concern them much... until of course, the US starts blowing people up.

One more point, the US still has the most NUKES... everyone is scared of us, no one will piss us off, cuz we are the biggest threat. It never made sense for Iraq, Iran or whomever to build 2 nukes so they can blow up .02% of the american population just so we would retaliate and blow the shit out of them. the Japs made that mistake, Hitler did too....

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I cannot believe you clowns took up three pages worth of posts on IRAN and have yet to exceed that on any of the Fulham match threads!!

6. pettyfog

Bump.... an interesting retrospective, I think.

Summus, including me proven wrong. EG... that Condi seems working at cross purposes... or is she? We wont know for a while, but right now she seems to be trying to give away half the store.