Interesting article: Chelsea & globalization

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by martin, Aug 24, 2005.

1. martin

martin New Member

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

a good article...
    And related, believe it or not, to WHY MLS went to Bernebeu.

3. Jux

Jux New Member

Thanks for posting that article. I'm going to check out Franklin Foer's book because of it.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

The article is 9 pages so I have not been able to read it yet, but let it be known that I did print it out and I will give my thoughts on it.

5. martin

martin New Member

Re: RE: Interesting article: Chelsea & globalization

Foer's book is good. A lot of the topics he covers will be old news to football fans, i.e. the religious side of the Celtic-Rangers rivalry, hooligan links to the military in former Yugoslavia, Berlusconi & AC Milan, etc. It basically takes a lot of the points in the article I posted and digs much deeper into them. If you liked the article I'm sure you will like Foer's book.