In New York for Fulham Manu League match 21st March

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by GeorgeB, Feb 26, 2009.

1. GeorgeB

GeorgeB New Member

Hello Fulham USA,

My Fulham fanatic family are coming to New York again this year and will miss the home match against Manu at Craven Cottage but we plan to go to a bar in NYC to watch the match as we did last year against Everton. It would be great to have some fellow Fulham fans around us as I'm sure all the bars are going to be full of horrible NY Manc supporters plus Manu fan visitors from Surrey.

We went to Navada Smith's last time round and met some of you lot while watching the great Brian McBride lead us to victory. Are you New York small band of fans going there again this time round? Let me know if you are going To Nevada's or else if there is somewhere else better on this occasion? It would be great tomeet up again.

Thanks,

George COYWs

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Can't say for certain until the TV schedule is published, but given that it's ManU, it's likely that we will be there.

3. GeorgeB

GeorgeB New Member

Ok JMH, would be great if you keep me posted on this.

George

4. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I was at Nevadas for that Everton match and remember your family fondly!

I can't imagine they won't show this game. They broadcast pretty much every Man U match in the States...

5. GeorgeB

GeorgeB New Member

Hi Nick,

I hope you are well.

Be good to see you at Nevada's again if I can find you lot amongst all the Manu fans!

Best wishes,

George

6. RDG

RDG Member

Howzit George?

Good to hear you'll be back in NYC soon. I should be able to make that match, if it's on TV.

You should be able to pick us out easily amongst the MU fans -- we're the ones dressed well!

COYW!

7. GeorgeB

GeorgeB New Member

Hi RDG,

Good to hear from you again. Yes, I remember vividly how well dressed you all were!!

Surely we Fulham fans, (at the very least the English ones!) are entitiled to the best view, and bar seats, Nevada's can muster. After all, Fulham fans are a rare commodity in NYC, an endangered species even, unlike Manu fans who are no doubt two to a dime!

See you soon.

G

8. PaydayC4

PaydayC4 New Member

Hey...I'll be in NYC this weekend. I'll be in Manhattan on Sat. morning. Let me have the directions to Nevada's or at least a website because I'd love to meet you all.

I usually get to meet up with Terri in Atlanta at the Brewhouse but it's been hectic. Thanks.

Chris

9. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

It would be fantastic to see you all.

Nevada Smith's DOES have the Fulham-Man. Utd. game airing this Saturday. It'll be on at 11 AM live. I highly, highly, highly recommend coming earlier than that, because Man U draws a lot of fans for some reason I can't figure out.

Nevada Smith's does have a website, it's address is between 11th and 12th St. on 3rd Avenue in Manhattan. It's a good, 20-25 minute walk from NY Penn Station (I should know), not at all far from Union Square.

10. GeorgeB

GeorgeB New Member

Nick RDG and other Fulham USA fans,

Not likely to make it now as an extended family do lunch has been arranged which due to the time difference being only 4 hours now overlaps with the match! Looks like I'll have to rely on text messages from friends...so best wishes for a painless experience and hope to see you next time we're in NY to coincide with a match. COYWs

George

11. RDG

RDG Member

A shout-out to those who were there, though not many. Years from now, when you're old and grey, some kid will come up to you and ask, "Where were you when Fulham defeated Man United at the Cottage?" Of course, you won't be able to say that you were watching the match, not expecting a goal, much less a 2-0 VICTORY! A big shout out to sfm -- I shall finish off the armagnac tonight (now, if only I smoked cigars . . . ) Sorry, George, that you had a family do -- at least I hope they've popped a cork in celebration.

Good to meet new faces, too. Hope to see youze guyz again soon.

Surprisingly, the MU fans mostly seemed to stay until the end (or, did I confuse them with the Arse fans coming in for the later match?) Those that did stick around were gracious in defeat, though they are not used to it.

Oh, and I notice that Lily Allen has mentioned the match on her MySpace page.

12. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I am SO depressed that I didn't come. Decided to stay home and listen to Gentleman Jim at the last moment. First time I've decided that way all year. I wish I'd gone.

13. PaydayC4

PaydayC4 New Member

I'm glad to have met you all at Nevada's (Optimizer, RDG and Franktheyank). It seems that anytime I meet fellow Fulham fans like HatterDon last year in Cali...Fulham has a great match.

It was a great day indeed...now I just got to get back to the Brewy more often.

14. jmh

jmh New Member

So disappointed I wasn't at Nevada's for this one. I'm sure those who were there did the rest of us proud though. Now, in the interest of not being the ones to decide who wins the title, let's beat Liverpool in a few weeks too!

15. GeorgeB

GeorgeB New Member

Hi RDG and all, picked up regular text messages while stuck in Soho so was pretty happy in NY (a gross understatement!) for the rest of our stay and am still buzzing!. We'll all be resuming our seats at CC as usual for the imminent Liverpool match. Keep well. COYWs!

16. RDG

RDG Member

Glad to hear! Good on ya!

Oh, and we call it "SoHo" (used to be a stomping ground of mine) for "SOuth of HOuston street; pronounced the same though.