I Too Am Searching For An EPL Team

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by BC, Jul 30, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: I Too Am Searching For An EPL Team

I second this one Mike! The people of the site make it what it is!! It is nice to see the site growing and getting more people on the board with opinions and such about our beloved Cottagers!

2. BC

BC New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: GJ

I really enjoyed the little that I heard. His commentary is certainly a plus for Fulham.

I've looked on the net quite a bit and haven't found a supporters site as good as this one for the other clubs I'm considering. Fulham is a very strong number 1 now. Thanks again everyone.

3. BC

BC New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: GJ

I ran across ChicagoTom's article on his trip to Craven Cottage and I also found Lauren's article on being a Fulham supporter. Both were great articles and have really helped in my decision. I'm almost there...:)

4. tibor

tibor New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: GJ

I think www.volzy.com should be the last piece of evidence you need to finalize your decision to support Fulham. :)

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: GJ

Supporting Fulham isn't easy, especially as a new supporter. We will win when we should lose and lose when we should win. Its all very 'Fulhamish'.

Last season was the essence of the above statement. You'll learn how to appreciate a well earned 3 pts, I promise you that.

6. BC

BC New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: GJ

Thanks for the info. I don't mind supporting a team that is Fulhamish. What's really drawn me to Fulham is the fans and the community here. I certainly want Fulham to win but having a group to celebrate and commisurate with is very important as well.

Tibor, I enjoyed volzy.com. Quite good!

One other question: is there a good resource such as a book or website that discusses Fulham's history? I've read the Wikipedia entry but I wondered if there were other resources as well. Thanks.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: GJ

One of our members over in England is putting together a huge History of the Club piece for the site over the next year. It should be great. Until then, this is something to chew on:

http://www.fulhamusa.com/index.php?module=history

Additionally, a google search on Fulham Football Club might help you find more. Sorry I was not more helpful.

8. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: GJ

Offical Fulham website has a lot of info. Start here:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Football_Overvi ... 76_17.html

Make sure you check the links in the menu when you get to that page for other pages such as "Early Days", "Pre-League" etc

9. BC

BC New Member

It Is Done

After careful research and interaction with many of you on the messageboards, I've chosen Fulham as my EPL team. Thanks to everyone's responses; they were quite helpful in my decision. I look forward to supporting Fulham with you this season!!

10. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

RE: It Is Done

sweeeeeet

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

BC, I think you made a good choice!! I am glad to hear you have chosen Fulham. As has already been stated, there will be some ups and downs, but it is a fun ride!

12. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Good stuff! Hopefully we can get out the gate quickly so you won't have to worry about having second thoughts.

13. BC

BC New Member

A win against Man U would be nice wouldn't it? :)

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I am so anxious to get after those geezers! Welcome aboard BC!

15. BC

BC New Member

Thanks. Doing all this research on which EPL team to support has gotten me quite excited for the season. I can't wait until FFC vs MUFC; I'd love for my first match as a Fulham supporter to be a win over Man U!

16. jimmyhillschin

jimmyhillschin New Member

RE: GJ

BC The thing to remember with Fulham is that we are at the moment "living beyond our means"

Unfortunately we won't always be in the Premiership Fact.

That is not me being pessimistic but Its a fact of life

I have had the pleasure of watching Fulham for nearly 20 years and we have had some great times but also some very dark bleak and sad times Relegation to the bottom lesgue in England for the 1st time in our history is my worst memory but we have come through it all.

The thing you have to ask yourself is are you prepared to go through the bad times and stand by the club when they are not in the premiership because it will happen.

Having said all of that I don't think that there is a better club in the world to follow & I hope you decide to come aboard the Fulham Express. One thing's for sure its never dull

17. BC

BC New Member

Thanks for the advice, jimmyhillschin. I am prepared to support Fulham no matter what. I followed Man U last season (my first season of following the EPL) and they were too safe of a pick, too much of a bandwagon choice for me. I did some research and ran across this site which was a crucial component in my decision to support Fulham. Believe me, I have no qualms supporting a team that might go through hard times; I support many teams in American sports who have frustrated me to death. I'm just glad that I'll have a group of good, enthusiastic Fulham supporters to weather the hard times and celebrate the good times with.

18. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Heh.. Colts, Reds, Bengals. Pacers, Uof I in vicinity... no wonder.

19. BC

BC New Member

Re: RE: GJ

Well, I grew up in Illinois so it's more Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cardinals and University of Illinois. Not really much different, I know :).

20. jimmyhillschin

jimmyhillschin New Member

RE: Re: RE: GJ

Glad to hear it BC. It's not been easy supporting FFC over the years and there have been times when I have not gone to matches or have chosen to spend my money on other leisure activities but no matter what once you have made the decision to follow FFC you cannot kick the habit Its like a drug.

We need all the supporters we can to raise the profile of the club and remain a force in the premiership and heres hoping that my pessimistic predictions never come true

COME ON YOU WHITES

Welcome aboard. Lets hope that my pessimistic views are