Hyndman signs extension with fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Clevelandmo, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

2. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Hope he gets a run out in a cup.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

he's 5'3"?

There's no chance he'll play in any English league.

4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Come on HD, you know deep down you're rooting for him to become the American Xavi in London.

5. Masterhaynes

Masterhaynes Member

I have been viewing the Us forum from UK but as I have just registered to ask a question about NBC schedules in the USA I thought I'd offer a first hand view, though it's only my opinion.

Firstly, I'm not sure he is that short. I've watched him a few times for the U18's over the last two years, including both Semi and Youth Cup Finals. Although he is dwarfed by most other players on the pitch he is surprisngly solid on the ball and in the tackle, he can really pick a defence splitting pass (very Murphyesque) and has a great shot on him.
    He has a lot about him with a great engine, yes he probably needs to fill out a bit but I feel he could be a real asset to the USA team in future years. Fabregas springs to mind on a short player that really imposed himself on the premiership.

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Thanks for the first hand account MasterHaynes. I have seen others write that they think he is taller than 5'3". Good to hear you think he could contribute to the US team in a Murphyesque type role some day. Looks like we will need it after Stu Holden went down injured yet again in yesterday's GC Final

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yes, thanks for the report. We would love to get more reports about the youth squad, so please feel free to post your observations anytime. Welcome to the site, Masterhaynes.

8. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

How tall is that Messi kid? I hear he's pretty good.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah, but if he were a few inches taller, he'd be playing for Crystal Palace!

10. Masterhaynes

Masterhaynes Member

Thanks, happy to share my thoughts on Hyndman, I hope to catch a few U18 games before I fly out late November for a 3 week vacation.
    It will be interesting to see how he develops this term with the added responsibilty of being one of the senior players in the squad.