Huckabee Scares the CRAP out of me!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokin', Jan 16, 2008.

1. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I couldn't find a better link while at work so...

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/15/huc ... -standards

No offense to any God fearing / loving people who may post in this forum.

This is a quote from the video in the above link:
    WTF?...

and WTF is a living God? Pharoh?

2. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Yeah my wife said basically the same thing. As she said, if you want Church, show up on Sunday. The last thing we need is another political leader shoving their religious beliefs down our throats.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Brian McBride? Can a living god really be on the disabled list?

I would love to have heard the context of that. Was he talking about gay marriage? If he was, he was going back to a phrase in Leviticus, the entire text of which also recommends killing your brother if he sews his fields with two different seeds. Maybe he was talking about ending capital punishment: "vengeance is mine, sayeth the lord" or the ever popular "thou shalt not kill." Maybe he was talking about justice for the poor and disenfranchised: "what you do unto the least of these, you have done to me." Maybe he was talking about campaign reform and chasing money-lenders out of the temple.

Presidents can't change the Constitution. Only national legistatures, followed by state legislatures. All he was doing was mouthing the same empty rhetoric that the rest of them do. "I am the candidate of change." "I can keep the country safe." "I have a secret plan to end the war" [Nixon got elected and then RE-elected on the basis of that one]. If you're scared because he's a non-specific babbler, then I guess I'm with you. But if you're scared because his babbling is biblical [as opposed to financial or military or fearful], I'm not with you.

Boy doesn't scare me a bit.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Huckabee actually has a very poor understanding of our constitutional processes. Witness his advocating a federal smoking ban in August, only to reverse that once it was explained to him we live in a republic.

Evidently he doesnt really understand the gospels, either.

But you're getting all excited over nothing. It's actually meant to be a blanket statement on Gay Marriage and Roe v Wade reversal.

He scares me too... I already explained why. It's not for that statement, itself... it's because he made it.

He's not fit for national office.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So says the site's number one defender of and cheerleader for the current administration and its leader.

Amazing.

6. pettyfog

Can you read topic notes???? Says NO Flames!

Moved, you lamebrain!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

huh? :?

8. pettyfog

I passed on Smokin's Thinkprogress link because of the context he used it. You made a personal reference to me as a 'Dubya Cheerleader'.

Unlike CERTAIN Dem apologists, who would be hard put to point to their comments on Dem stupidities, I make it clear when I dont agree with Dubya's actions.

Trolling... or is it just natural for you?

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

"Can you read topic notes? Says 'no flames.' Moved, you lamebrain!" These are all words I recognize, but when used together like that they have no meaning for me.

Sorry; guess I didn't know the secret handshake. Time to move my political/news opinions/comments to a sandbox in another playground.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Get a room, you two!

11. pettyfog

A-a-aa-a-a-Rgh!

Here's the deal. Someone has to draw the line, I drew it.

That's why I created the 'flame-free' campaign discussion zone. not even a 'simmer' flame.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and I suppose I was to have known about (a) the need for this and (b) the fact that this zone had been created by using my Spidey-sense.

And, for my friend down in the Redneck Riviera:

HD to 'fog: "That's it, Felix. We're through. The whole marriage is over." -- Oscar Madison, The Odd Couple.

13. pettyfog

Whatever... maybe I should have said "No Button-Pushing" memes!

My Bad!
    sheesh!

14. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I love you guys.