How Beckham blew it or at least one view of the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by BarryP, Jun 30, 2009.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Grant Wahl's piece at SI on how Beckham blew it. An interesting read if you have a few minutes to spare. It almost could make you feel a little sorry for Lalas (never thought I would type that).

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks for the link, BarryP. It was absorbing reading. Trouble is, I'm starting to like Donovan. What's up with that?

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Funny Don, I am too.

I think the past 2 years have been eye-opening for Landy, starting with the excerpt above.

Of all people, especially someone as spoon-fed as LD, you'd think being railroaded by politics (both with the LAG and with Bayern) would create a level of disdain toward the game. But its only made him hungrier.

And perhaps as a result he'll come to SW6...

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

HEh...I loved it. Takes me back to when I couldnt wait for the next 'Grant Wahl'!

And no, I still dont feel a damned bit sorry for Lalas. What.. he thought he was put up front for the Mutts because of his keen managerial instincts?

'Anschutz ENTERTAINMENT Group'

And by the way... dont blame Beckham in toto for the problems. It aint only in Messageboards that everyone has an opinion and an anus.

Few people know/remember how close Thomas Dooley came to destroying the Crew franchise. Fortunately Lamar came to his senses.