Hi from England

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Scrumpy, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Scrumpy

Scrumpy New Member

Just wanted to say 'Hi' to all our American cousins across the pond. This is an excellent website - well done.

When I first started watching Fulham in 82, we had average crowds of 5500 and I could turn up for a match 15 minutes before kick-off. In all honesty, it was old men and school kids that supported us then (all the 'lads' went to Chelsea). At the time I would never have believed that we could have a soild fan club in USA.

Two things I want to say....

1 - In Carlos, Brian and Clint we have some really popular players. They are deeply respected by all Fulham fans and you should be proud of 'em. Their work ethic and team spirit is never at fault. Fair play.

2 - Please try and get to Craven Cottage. More than any other Club, we are synominous(?) with our ground. Ever since I first went, we have had constant struggles to keep the place from being bought, redeveloped or merged. If you visit The Cottage once, you'll fall in love with the place. It is a second home to many of us. Try and get along if you can. In the ever more 'plastic' Premiership it is a beacon of tradition and beauty.

3 - If you come to a game, drink in the Golden Lion or Crabtree beforehand and get tickets for the Hammersmith End.

4 - My Maths is cr@p!

All the best.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome aboard Scrumpy! I am glad you found the site. I have been to Craven Cottage once in 2005 and I loved it. My wife and I are heading back in December/January for a match or two. I am really looking forward to it.

3. BC

BC New Member

Hi Scrumpy and thanks for the kind words about our Yanks! I will make it to the Cottage someday, hopefully sooner rather than later. Can't wait for that pint at the Golden Lion! It's always good to have our fellow supporters across the pond posting here.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Thanks for visiting Scrumpy, we always appreciate locals coming on and giving us feedback, advice, etc.

I have to agree with all of your points but will add on to your 'number 3'. You have to get to the Bricklayers Arms in Putney as well. Great pub.

5. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Great to have you aboard the site Scrumpy. Haven't yet made the trip across the pond yet, but I will do so soon. I am schedule to study abroad in London from Spetember through early December and can't wait to attend matches at the CC. Everyone has their own bit to throw in of pubs to attend and I'll have to sample them all.

Thanks for the opinions and advice.

COYW's

6. Scrumpy

Scrumpy New Member

Hey, Team of McBrides, shouldn't you have a picture of McGod rather than Dempsey?!

Glad to hear you're making the pilgrimage soon. Hope it all goes well. Work hard Monday to Friday, then enjoy your Saturday! Maybe try an 'away' game too?

Thanks for all the other comments, esp Chicago Tom and American Mike who are both pretty well known over here for all their sterling work. I'll definately drop in a few times a week.

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Scrumpy...

Just haven't found a McB picture that suits me yet...

I actually plan on attending every away match that I can. My first match should be at Citeh on September 22nd. Hope to see you out there with the rest of the Fulham supporters.