HELP!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Clevelandmo, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I've spent the last few weeks putting together and organizing a team of engineers and scientists to submit a proposal for a grant. I am now holed up at my computer writing the proposal, allowing myself very little contact with the outside world except for some peeks at my favorite sites.

Can you guys let me know what's going on in the outside world, write something funny, anything to help get me through this. Maybe you can do some voodoo or something and send me the ability to write an awesomely organized and convincing proposal.

I cant tell you how much I hate this! I hate writing - hate it. Heeellllllllp!

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

4. Clevelandmo

Thanks guys. especially the WWI article, W'bhoy I'm afraid watching some footy while I'm writing will slow up my computer. I'm having to do a fair amount of web surfing about stuff.

Anyway, after about 4,298 hours, I just completed another paragrahp. Woo hoo!

5. Bradical

Bradical Member

6. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Well here are some dancing bananas for your hard work! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

8. Clevelandmo

Thanks Bradical, Ian, nevzter, and 'Bhoy! I'm still working and you're helping make it less painful. Bradical, I couldnt believe that crane/tow truck fiasco - makes me feel smart at a very opportune time. However, I think that last picture was a fake.

If only I had ever really suffered this wouldnt feel like such torture. I hate writing!!!!!!

9. Clevelandmo

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

11. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Thanks Mo. It was very funny, had to watch away from the kids. :wink:

12. Clevelandmo

I still need that voo doo writing magic. . . help me Tom Cruise

13. Clevelandmo

Still chugging (I wish).... I mean slaving away at the writing.

Anyone in FUSAland out there to keep me company? Anything happening today?

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Had our traditional [of three years] New Years Day lunchtime gig. Lots of fun, sold a few CDs, and got to serenade two very nice young ladies about 5 months away from being 2LTs in the US Army.

Very warm and sunny here in SA, and just finished watching the Rose Parade on DVR

15. IanHux

IanHux New Member

How can anyone stand to watch that?! I certainly can't............. but I do like flowers, just not some odd hours of independently mobile flowers

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and odd hours they are. Although I don't enjoy the parade nearly so much as I did before I gave up drugs, it's repayment for the missus -- a SoCalGal -- who is so willing to give up the only TV in the house to me to watch footy on any other day of the year.

17. Clevelandmo

I guess I'm losing it because I really didnt follow what you guys were going on about . . . flowers, odd hours, drugs, parades.

Thanks though, I'm looking forward to finding out about that stuff once I'm done with this proposal.

Actually, good news, I've finished the rough draft and will send it off to the powers that be in the am for their omniscient opinions. There will still be another week of scrambling to finish every last detail of the proposal (budget, legal, and pirma dona bs) but I think the major stuff that I hate (writing) is mostly done.

Don if I had your writing prowess I would have been done with this days ago. Obviously you dont posses the tom cruise voo doo magic to send me the abilities but I'm certain you posses some other sort of super power magic.

Anyway thanks to all for putting up with this stupid thread. Whether you like it or not you have helped me get through something that I really dont like.

Now Pettyfog is going to help me get through a house renovation - I hope

Happy New Year!

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Good luck on your proposal, and take a half hour or so to go outside and get some fresh air. You earned it.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and don't discount everything you hear about drugs either!

20. Clevelandmo

Thanks Steve. The grant is meant to bring high tech economic growth to Ohio so you've got a stake in too, however small.

As you suggested, I went out for my first run in days; saw the sun too.