Hello from Cork City , Republic of Ireland.

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Corky, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Corky

Corky New Member

Hi all , heard good things about this site .

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Of course you did. We da bomb! {Ooops deja 90's!}

Welcome and please enter your location in left sidebar 'my account' so it shows on every post. Then the rest of us wont get embarrassed by not remembering.

3. Corky

Corky New Member

Done

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Obviously you've been lurking for a while; nice to have you aboard. That location information hasn't quite kicked in yet.

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Are you Cork City from the offal?

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Welcome, Corky, and Erin Go Bragh.

7. Corky

Corky New Member

Guilty as charged.

8. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Ah... I'm Crispus Attucks.

9. Corky

Corky New Member

The offal has gone downhill , alot of angry posters on their now , very little real humour .

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If I may, Corky and Lyle have mastered the skill of being acerbic without being malicious.

11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Corky aka Cork City. Have always enjoyed reading your posts on the offal (which as stated has slide into the abyss).

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Crispus Attucks, very interesting choice Lyle. I've never known what to think of him as accounts of the massacre vary so.

And Corky, you chose a much more casual "handle" for this site. Americans do use silly names like Chuck, Billy-Bob, and Mo. From one rebel to another, welcome. You Corkies are rebels arent you.

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Don has paid attention he if knows who Crispus Attucks is on the offal. I don't post that much anymore. For a time I posted somewhat regularly and I still post every once in a while. Corky and I have abused each other before, but he once listed me in his top 5 American posters on the offal. Pretty cool since I wasn't the loudest and didn't post the most.

My posts are generally the same as they are here, but on the offal people get into the American hate or their Danny Murphy hate (Don and others were infected by this contagion last year) and I Crispus Attucks them with a snowball to the face or groin.

Crispus Attucks was definitely chosen as a dig to our naughty English cousins. They butchered him. He probably smacked some Fulham kid in the mouth with a snowball, but they shot him dead. Not cool. The bastards need to be reminded of it. HBO did a good job recreating Crispus' murder and the British war crime/human rights crime in their "John Adams" mini-series.

The funny thing is nobody knows who Crispus Attucks is. Some of the Americans know, but definitely not anybody who isn't American. Hehe.

14. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Welcome CC, good to see you have made it to our wonderful yankified board. Some very good chat on the board and a very nice balance of debate, humor and bonafide discussion. Yeehawww.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If they took any classes in American history from me they knew who Crispus Attucks was.

Having said that, when I was being taught American history [back when there was much less of it to teach], all I knew was that Oscar Robertson [The Big O] had been a student at Crispus Attucks HS in Indianapolis. It took me a long time to figure out why an all-black HS was named after him.

And, no; I didn't connect you with CA on the Offal. I've managed to forget almost everyone on there. I made that statement based upon what I'd seen from you on this site and what I've seen from Corky on FofF.