hello, can't believe your here

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by fulhamvt, Aug 23, 2005.

1. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

greetings,

just discovered this site after reading a rather downtrodden article on soccernet about fulhams chances this year in the premiership. This site is great, up until last year fulham was not on my radar, but I was going to london in march and wanted to see a premiership game, any game. it just so happened that I was near and could get tickets to a fulham charlton game. Even though the game was 0-0, i had a great time. compared to soccer in america the fan support was incredible. Since then I have become a fulham fan. it's nice to find a place in the US where there is other fulham fans.

mike

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Mike,
    Welcome to FulhamUSA! I was the author of that "downtrodden" Fulham article. After watching the first two matches, and the preseason matches in Columbus, that is how I see the club right now.

Regardless, I was at the Charlton match as well. It was my first time at the Cottage. It was a great atmosphere and I had a blast.

3. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

RE: Re: hello, can

WOW, small world, I had flown in the same day of that match on an overnight flight from newark,NJ my poor wife fell asleep during the game. I sat in the neutral area right where the players come out from under the cottage. The only thing I thought weird was the poor girls that danced at halftime, did not really expect to see that at a soccer game, but hey I guess US football and Basketball do not have exclusive rights to bad halftime shows. I agree with your article, i think the team will need to find some desire to win more than anything else, on paper they are much better than the effort they are putting out on the pitch. How did you get the gig to right for soccernet or are you a sports writer by trade?

mike

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: hello, can

Where you from Mike??

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: hello, can

I have been in touch with some people at Soccernet in the last year and they were looking for someone to write about Fulham and I stepped right in.

While I could write all simple previews and such all the time, I like to voice my opinions, whether good or bad, on Soccernet. I will not cover up the truth and I will always tell it like it is to Fulham supporters. People may agree or disagree with me on things, but I have a good time with it.

7. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: hello, can

wow thats alot of picks, I only have 3
    American mike, I am in burlington, VT
    CHicago Tom, I thought the article was well written and unfortunetly for fulham's chances this year accurate. keep up the good work.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: hello, can

Thanks fulhamvt!! I appreciate that! Let's hope for a result today against the Arsenal!!!