Guardian Mentions Jol For Fulham Post

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Oct 27, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Jensers, I'm never going to tell you that. Love has nothing to do with logic. Hope has nothing to do with past performance.

We all care about a bunch of guys from several countries who play on a pitch most of us have only seen on television. NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE. I love this team; I hope it solidifies itself as a middle tier team and, sometime before I'm too old to notice, I'd like us to develop a system of our own as well. I don't expect this to happen soon. I HOPE that it does.

The HatterDon conundrum: I don't expect us to finish in the top 6 any time soon. Having said that, each time the whistle blows and our boys are on the pitch, I'm HOPING for a win and I'm crushed when we don't get it. So, Don, you don't expect a top-six finish but you're crushed that we don't go 38-0-0? Yes. But Don, that makes no sense. I know. Love and hope aren't logical and don't make sense.

Don't go anywhere, Jensers. You're dealing with hope and they're responding with logic. Two different frames of reference.

COYW!

2. BC

BC New Member

You're right Don, it sure doesn't make sense. I only started following Fulham last year, but I've been *this* close to dropping them for another team, only to be brought back for reasons unknown (although the FUSA community has a big part, I think). On the one hand, it's frustrating as hell to watch a league that allows the dominance of Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea to continue unabated. It goes against my American sense of parity. You know how we hate a team (unless it's our team) that wins too many Super Bowls/World Series/NBA Championships? Now, can you imagine how much American fans would hate the big 4 if the EPL had a big following here? Anyway, it frustrates me like hell knowing that Fulham will probably never be able to compete at the level of the top English teams.

And yet, the fact that anything is possible in football, that maybe someday, somehow, Fulham could get all the pieces together and with a bit of luck, or a bit of magic, grab a spot in Europe or maybe compete for a top 4 finish one season, keeps me going. I'll always have hope for Fulham no matter how frustrated I get and regardless if they get relegated or not. And so you're right, it makes absolutely no sense. And I'm glad for it!

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well said, sir. Welcome to the lunacy!

4. Jensers

Jensers New Member

A Win for the Boys in White!! Time to turn the tide - Whatever it Takes!!