Greetings from Cincinnati

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by CincyCottager, Aug 4, 2007.

1. CincyCottager

CincyCottager New Member

I'm a Fulham supporter from Cincinnati, Ohio. I used to live in Columbus not too far from Brian McBride (I'm a big Crew fan). When Bake signed with Fulham I knew I had found my club and I've been with the Whites ever since.

I'll be in England the next several weeks but am busy during every Fulham match in that time span. Oh well, I'm at least going to visit Craven Cottage and stock up on new gear. Any advice on things to see or do? I'm staying in Wells for eight days and London (Kensington) for three.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Cincy, too bad you aren't able to make a game since there are quite a few that post here that will be attending upcoming games.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Welcome aboard. Mike, Tom and Jim have put together a fantastic site for all Fulham supporters to enjoy. You and Jim will get along nicely supporting the Crew.

I'll be staying in the Kensington area when I study abroad as well, so any advice on things to do after your trip would be much appreciated.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, the ONLY thing to see in Wells is the cathedral. It has to be the smallest "city" in the world.

In terms of what to do in London, this thread will draw the attention of several members on the right side of the pond and they'll give you a lot of pointers.

Welcome to the site CC; have some fun while you're here.

5. CincyCottager

CincyCottager New Member

I'll be singing at the cathedral, actually. That's the reason for my trip. I'm taking a side trip to Bristol while in Wells, as well as daily excursions into the countryside, though I don't quite know where yet.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome CincyCottager! Sounds like a great trip coming up for you. You will have to post some pictures of the trip. You will notice that we have quite a few FulhamUSA members from the state of Ohio. Anyways, welcome to the site!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The countryside around Wells is gorgeous, and the Avon river valley is worth the visit all by itself. The cathedral should be a glorious place to sing. Have a great visit and remember, like all members of FUSA, you need to publish pictures, descriptions, and accounts of all road trips!

Enjoy!

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Welcome to the site Cincy. Should you find yourself with some time to make a match, just give me a shout and I'll sort you out a ticket or two.

With regard to things in Fulham to see, make sure you take a walk through Bishops Park to the Cottage, its a must see.