Gold Cup: USA vs Guatemala

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by bostoncottage, Jun 5, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

TV coverage starts at 3:30 CDT, so that should be about 8:30 in the evening. You da man, Deucefan!

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Now that is by far the oddest association of support I've ever heard about. An Englishman supporting the yanks national team...I thought that wouldn't happen to pigs fly.

Anyways, fantastic choice. The USMNT should dominate the T&T squad. Afterall, the T&T national team is a shell of what it was at the WC due to wage arguments. I believe 16 of the players left the side, but what a crackcer of a goal they had in their opening match....Wow, 35 yards out.

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I don't think it is that strange, I want the USA to be a successful team, it is in the interests of world football. But, far more importantly - if Boca and Dempsey are playing I want them to star and come back so full of confidnece they can carry the team alone.

Now, I admit that I am more fickle than most of you - because should FFC lose their two Americans then I am less likely to care about the US MNT.

4. Team_of_McBrides

GBF, understandable point and tie in with FFC. If they are confident and playing well for the USMNT then that should translate to their play improving for their clubs as well.

Do you support england then?

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I always support the three lions except when they're playing us. My introduction to English football was the 1966 World Cup, and I've followed them closely ever since. Remember, that was a time that the US making the WC tourney didn't ever look likely.

T_of_C, you're coming close to leading the league in stereotypes.

6. Team_of_McBrides

Don, would be an utter shame if I proved any stereotype wrong. So at least you always know what you are getting from me.

All in good fun of course.