Gold Cup Standings Thread

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Kickflip89, Jun 9, 2007.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Should be one of the spanish speaking channels on Comcast.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Are we sure that Spanish language television is allowed in Utah? :lol:

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

only if there are plenty of F-bombs to go around! :lol:

yeah...i love it when the Mexicans lose...my friends wife is Mexican...it's sheer joy going over there after a Mexican loss!

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Ba dum ching...Don is full of it today. Watch out for this guy.

Haven't been back to your site yet Don...when is the next show in San Antonio so I can let my brother know...he can use the intro line you gave as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoops you put that info in one of your messages. Sorry about that. July 8th it is. Time to get out there and mix it up with the elderly :banana:

5. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Univision is definitely on Comcast and should be on every other major cable provider as well.

6. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Univision is not carrying ALL of the games (couldn't find U.S. v TNT for instance). They did carry the Honduras / Mexico game, though, and I was happy to watch the header in extra time that gave Honduras the full 3 points.

My guess is that Univision will only show the Mexico games, but I might be wrong about that.

7. Team_of_McBrides

A few of my coworkers who support Mexico have almost given up on the national team. They don't like Hugo Sanchez and think he is doing a terrible job of it. Can't say I am much happier than when Mexico loses...well I am pretty happy anytime the Mancs or Chelsea lose as well.

8. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Kickflip, I watched US vs T&T on Univision. Guatemala vs. El Salvador was on too. I guess different regions are getting different coverage. Surprising.

9. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Hmm that's odd. I just checked the schedule for Univision here and the next game they're showing is Mexico Panama on Wednesday. Ah well, at least that game should be interesting.

10. Team_of_McBrides

I'm really looking forward to that match. Should be a match filled with both sides attacking and going forward. Hopefully it isn't one side nipping a goal and then putting ten players behind the ball.

Plus, if Panama wins I get to wind up my coworkers at the office over the Mexico loss.

Come on Panama. (cue Van Halen)

11. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

At the half, it's Costa Rica 1 - Guadaloupe 0. If this trend continues Canada would be able to get first slot in group A with a win over Haiti. Costa Rica would then be in third place with 4 points and a head to head loss v. Guadaloupe.

12. Team_of_McBrides

What channel/network is the match on? I can't seem to find it.

13. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Following along with gametracker, like always :p

14. Team_of_McBrides

Ahhhh, ok. I just found it actually. You've got to get some football channels KF. Unless of course the gametracker fulfills all your football viewing needs.

15. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I stand corrected. But I am not sure if they only show Mexico matches, as their spanish speaking contingent is much more than Mexican American.

16. Team_of_McBrides

True, but I believe all Mexican matches take presidence over other nationalities matches. Believe I've seen Argentine, Columbian, Brazilian and Mexican leagues all played on the channel before.

17. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Who thought Haiti v. Canada would have so much meaning?

Nutty Cup this Gold thing.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The Spanish language channels down here carry two MLS games for every one carried by FSC or ESPN2. The goal calls get irritating, but the game is the game. FYI, the local newspaper listed the USA v. Guat match for Univision but NOT for FSC..

19. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Scoreline has stayed Costa Rica 1 - Guadaloupe 0, which puts C.R. and Guadaloupe in a tie with 4 points each.

In the Canada - Haiti match, it is 2-0 to Canada at the half, with De Rosario netting twice (once on a penalty). However, Haiti had 6 shots on goal, Canada only had 2 shots + the penalty. Still, doesn't look good for Haiti.

20. Team_of_McBrides

I understand completely. I've been keeping up on the Argentine League the past few weeks and I can't stand when a goal goes in. What would possess someone to just sit there and scream goallllllllll for about a solid 30 seconds. That is the most annoying sound in the world.