Gold Cup Standings Thread

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Kickflip89, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Panama 2 - Cuba 2.

Sounded like an epic match from gametracker. Panama went ahead twice, and Cuba battled back for the equalizer twice. At the last play of the match, Panama failed to convert a penalty for the win.

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I will have to catch that on the Fox Soccer Report. Sounds like an amazing match. Was it even televised?

KF...you are really getting into the Gold Cup aren't you? The go to guy for all things concerning Gold Cup action from here on out I guess.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

kf; thanks for the running updates. There should be some highlights on either Fox Sports World roundup tonight [and at 0600 Eastern tomorrow] or on one of the two half-hour programs devoted to the tourney.

Don't want Mexico in the quarters. Want them [or Canada, I don't care which] in the finals.

4. Team_of_McBrides

The US seems to be huge favorites right now. We are the only side who hasn't seemed to falter in the first two matches. Haven't played a blinding performance yet, but still solid and getting the goals. Plus two clean sheets is a great start.

5. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Well, I just came from being a senior physics major working at a national lab while preparing to go to OCS to suddenly having nothing to do for 2 months. So until I get a temp job, I'll obsess over the Gold Cup / Copa :)

6. Team_of_McBrides

I like where your head is at and keep it up.

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

A USA v. Guadoluope final?

You never know. Wow did Mexico look like crap. Honduras should have won 4-1. Blanco is one sad excuse for a former star.

8. Team_of_McBrides

Blanco is a shadow of his former self. That was a patheitc cheap show and he rightfully got sent off.

Mexico doesn't seem to have what it takes. They are weak on the back line and not too dangerous in attack either. Hopefully we get them before Marquez makes his return to the national team.

9. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Guadaloupe is a true underdog, and I'd love to see them in the final. Their team isn't even recognized by FIFA...of course they are technically a part of France.

10. Team_of_McBrides

It is only a small region of France and even if they do win the Gold Cup they can't play in the Confederations Cup, becuase FIFA doesn't recognize them as you mentioned.

Pretty impressive for a region that only has 450,000 people.

11. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

We'll I booked my ticket to Chicago for the final so now the US REALLY needs to make it to the final.

12. Team_of_McBrides

Congrats...how much are those running anyways? I was hoping to maybe make it to that as well.

13. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

The cheapest tickets are $30 but they are good location, unfortunately after ticket bastard takes their obnoxious cut its $40. Hostels run $27 a night.

14. Team_of_McBrides

That doesn't sound too bad at all. I will have to look into it a bit more. Enjoy the final.

15. jmh

jmh New Member

Panama can become my third favorite CONCACAF side if they keep Mexico out of the quarterfinals.

16. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

That would be so sweet.

17. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I'm on the "loupe" wagon!!! how sweet is this team....Thierry Henry, Louis Saha, Sylvain Wiltord and William Gallas...all their families are descendants of Guadeloupe....talk about a "feeder nation". I hope they can keep it up and I hope Fifa will soon recognize them.

18. Team_of_McBrides

One of the guys I work for at the club loves to rant and rave about the Mexican National Team. I really hope that they fall flat on their faces again.

Gave him an earful after the Honduras game as well. Couldn't believe what I was watching.

19. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

FYI for those who may not have realized, Univision is carrying all the matches also.

20. Team_of_McBrides

Is Univision available through Comcast or just Directv?