1. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I didn't see the opening match, but my father and the internet suggests Jamaica was the better side.

I will be attendance for the game against St. Kitts. More looking forward to the under card with Jamaica taking on T&T

SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.
  2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Very much the C+ team judging by the lineup, but really appreciate Matt Turner turning down taking a break and wanting to play. Have fun at the games Brad!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  3. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I looked for you on tv Brad, but didn't see any Fulham gear.

The US definitely looked disjointed against Jamaica. The Reggae Boys definitely earned their point and probably have a solid argument that they should have gotten all three points.

Jesus Ferreira has got to be the most frustrating player for the US. He's got the talent and has no problem showing it against lower sides, but where does he go when the competition gets tough?

Overall, I have liked what I've seen from Sands and Mihailovic.

4. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

The two games I saw were kind of a bust. Other than about twenty minutes in the 2nd half after T&T got their goal, The soccer was tough to watch. Neither match was a fair fight.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  5. SoCalJoe

Another 3 goal night for Jesus against an inferior team (this ain’t the T&T we’ve known, they are terrible)..not sure who came up w/the monikor but Pirate of the Caribbean is fitting.

MicahMan likes this.
  6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It is long established here that I suck at analysis but I watched part of the the St Kitts match and could only think " Whats the point in this?"
    Not that every Duchy and Principality can't represent but it's just a scrimmage. TV worthy? Nah.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  7. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

It took not one, but two penalty kick shootouts for St Kitts and Nevis to even get to this stage. They were punching way above their weight.

Quarterfinal versus Canada today. After their excellent run in WCQ, Canada looks a lot more like the Canada of old. I expect a decent match but will be disappointed if the US lose. My only prediction though, is that Ferreira will not score a hat trick in three consecutive matches.

8. SoCalJoe

Have been traveling and managed to catch the 2nd half and beyond at a hotel. Nice to see a Busio sighting. He’s been out of sight out of mind in the 2nd level of Italy, but he looks better then last time we saw him. Loved the ball from DeJuan Jones to Vazquez. Needed a lucky bounce to tie it late, but Canada got a lucky break on the handball by Miles in stoppage in regulation. Looking forward to Wed.

nevzter likes this.
  9. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Ferreira has, predictably, disappeared, and as we approach halftime against Panama, what is essentially our second string, plus Matt Turner and, arguably, Jordan Morris, is being found out.
    Will someone please explain to me what the point of all this is?