Gol TV (More lack of foresight from DISH)

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by IanHux, Aug 13, 2008.

1. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Just when I'm about to upgrade my programming package DISH Network no longer carries Gol TV. Seriously, how many more ways can DISH possibly piss me off anymore?!?! Well at least I finally get FSC but the way my luck has run they'll take that channel away. Now I don't doubt Direct TV's claim of ranking #1 in customer sastifaction.

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I just upgraded to Comcast digital and the sports package, which is only $8 per month, and got FSC and Gol... but I'm in a huge hispanic market and Gol TV plays a lot of South American stuff along with La Liga and the Bundesliga.

I don't think I can even order Setanta, but I'll get that online.

3. EricD

EricD New Member

Gol TV just became available on Time Warner. It was one of the reasons I was considering a move to Direct TV. I have to add it through their tier system, but at least they have finally made it available. When are they going to get these channels in HD (FSC, etc...)?

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

First, FSC has to go HD. Dont look for that anytime soon. THEN T-W has to include it.

FSC {and all Fox sport channels} operates shoestring, if you havent noticed.

FSN HD-Ohio, for example, displays just a screen saying 'demo' when a live sponsored event isnt running. They could do re-plays of games but need separate sponsorship for that.

5. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

DirecTV has FSC, GOL (english and spanish), and Setanta Sports (Regular and Xtra). I find it satisfies all my football needs! :)