Going to the Villa game Sunday!

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by roo1114, Jan 29, 2008.

1. roo1114

roo1114 New Member

I'm off to London this weekend and am going to the Fulham-Villa Sunday. Is anyone out there going? Maybe we can meet somewhere for a beer before the game? Got to cheer on the Yanks this weekend (Hope Eddie plays!).

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

welcome to the site roo! how did you find us? You'll want to get in touch with American Mike about the match on Saturday and he can give you some good pointers and will most likely meet up with you. have a great time.

3. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

lucky you!!

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hi Roo,

Great to hear you are coming to the match this weekend. I'll be there (as mentioned by omsdogg) and will be in the Golden Lion Pub in Fulham. See this page for details of where it is: http://www.fulhamusa.com/index.php?name ... 5628#35628

There is a woman that minds the door (the pub is strickly Fulham only) but just mention FulhamUSA or 'American Mike sent you' and she'll gladly let you in to enjoy a pint with your fellow whites.

5. roo1114

roo1114 New Member

Excellent! I can't wait!

This will be my first game in England, ever. I was born in Guildford, with my father being from Nottingham, but was raised in Southern CA all my life. I just moved to Boston several months ago and swore I had to make a jump over the ocean to catch a game. I've matured into being a Fulham fan because of the American players there ... I've never really had a team after watching the EPL all my life and finally realized one day I was always checking in on and rooting for Fulham. Now I can't wait to go.

American Mike - do you have any extra tickets. The Fulham box office botched my order (the webiste won't process my american credit card) and now I need to get a ticket?

What time should I make to the Pub by?

Cheers,
    Andy

6. jlough

jlough New Member

Where are you sitting?

7. roo1114

roo1114 New Member

Section DL, row DD ... wearing a brown watch cap. See you there.

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

What a game for you to attend!

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yeah; rock 'n roll, dude! Nice timing!

10. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Roo- Jealous isn't a strong enough word...hope you had a blast :D!!!!

Hmmm...maybe you were our lucky charm! I'll pitch in to keep you in the stands!

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Oh, he had a blast, but how can you not when you are hangin with me?

No, seriously, very nice to meet you my friend and hope you have a safe trip back today. What a glorious match for you to see.

12. roo1114

roo1114 New Member

Definitely had a blast! I can't thank Mike enough for taking care of me and showing me around. If anyone makes it over there for a game, get in touch him!

For those of you who haven't been to the Cottage, it is something you have to do! The history of the stadium, the closeness to the pitch, the energy that flowed throughout ... what an experience.

I have to say that Jimmy Bullard put on quite a show ... the angle I had on his assist showed his amazing vision. And that boy can run ... ALL GAME LONG (kudos to Davies as well for his hustle)!

Thanks again to Mike and his wife (and American Sue who I met at the Golden Lion).

Come on Fulham!

Cheers,
    Andy