Goal of the Season (FulhamFC.com)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Team_of_McBrides, May 21, 2008.

1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... eason.aspx

Vote for Fulham's goal of the season on the offal.

1. Kamara vs. Spurs

2. Davies vs. Man City

3. Bullard vs. Aston Villa

4. Davies vs. Reading

5. Healy vs. Sunderland

6. Kamara vs. Man City

7. Bouazza vs. Man City

8. McBride vs. Everton

9. Nevland vs. Reading

10. Murphy vs. Pompey

My Vote: Davies vs. Reading... Wasn't the most meaningful goal to the season, but on pure talent alone it is hard to beat.

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

My vote: Either the first or the last.

Kamara's bicycle was just unbelievable, and Danny boy will live in the annuls of Fulham History.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mine would be McBride v. Everton. Perhaps I'm just biased, but that goal settled a very tight defensive struggle and got us a win against a top-6 side when it looked like we couldn't beat anyone including the Arsenal Lady Gunners. And it was so very typical Macca.

4. krhimself

krhimself New Member

That goal by Murphy. It doesn't stand out from the skill standpoint, but for me, the importance of the goal and its sentimental value were too great to overlook.

5. Team_of_McBrides

For sentinmental value I would vote for the Bouazza goal. It happened right in front of me in H5 and I couldn't believe my eyes. One of the great memories I have of Craven Cottage.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I thought I saw an American looking chappy wearing a Liverpool shirt in that video!

7. Team_of_McBrides

Now now, I've brushed aside those foolish Liverpool ties of the past. Fulham black and white through and through. (Cheesy I know)

I was the guy going mental and getting thrown around like a rag-doll by my friends who were attending the match with me. Should be easy enough to find.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

It's a dead heat between four of them.

Kamara's v Spurs for skill reasons.
    Murphy's v Pompey for obvious reasons.
    Murphy's penalty against City -- once it went in, and I had calmed down a little, I was able to appreciate how ridiculously exciting it was.
    Murphy to Kamara at Man City -- that was a true O MY GOD moment and only 20 minutes after thinking we were finished, I realized we just might get out of this predicament.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

I think this is actually the first time I've gotten a good look at the Davies vs. Reading goal, because I was at that match and it was at the far end of the Cottage. Quite a nice piece of play, really.

That said, my vote has to go to Kamara's winner against City. Great setup, great finish, hugely important game, at the very death of the second half, put an exclamation point on a big comeback - it really had it all.

10. LOBO

LOBO New Member

It would be hard not to vote for Murphy v. Pompey for the obvious reasons, but my vote goes with Bullard v. Villa.

That goal seemingly foreshadowed the fighting spirit of Fulham that remained unawakened at the time. It displayed the first glimmer of hope and signaled a turning point I think...

11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Great compilation and there is no wrong pick, but w/Kamara vs Citeh by a whisker.

12. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I think the Kamara vs. Man City was the most clinical finish of the season and would get my vote - except that I think he hit it as hard as he could and got lucky - the pass by Murphy on it was brilliant though.

So my vote would go to Bullard vs. Aston Villa - not only was it clinical and pre-meditated, it was early in his comeback and it was as high pressure point in our season. Jimmy Bullard - a big man for the big moment.

13. Bradical

Bradical Member

I was thinking the same thing about Kamara's winner vs. Man City, that it looks like he's striking it as hard as he can and got a little lucky. Brilliant pass by Murphy, crucial timing, no margin for error - and did anyone notice how open Bullard was in the box?

But that goal is the tops for me. Bullard's is 2nd and Kamara's bike is 3rd. Cheers Fulham.

14. IndyWhites

IndyWhites New Member

I have got to go with Kamara v Spurs from a pure athletic standpoint. But murphy's against Portsmouth is hard to get past for sentimental reasons.

15. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Kamara bicycle kick v. Spurs. Done. THREAD CLOSED!

16. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Kamara's 1 and 6.

Healy's vs Sunderland was also an amazing goal and I was there so I'll never forget it.

17. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

#3! It was the goal that cemented my absurd affection for this team.

18. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Davies v Man City for me. If only we could get *that* Bouazza every week.

19. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

My vote went to Kamara vs. Man City

1.) I was there
    2.) It was a remarkable comeback of epic proportions
    3.) My cousin is a die hard citeh fan
    4.) I brought my Mom and Dad to it
    5.) I really began to feel that the great escape could be reality
    6.) I nearly fainted because I was screaming til I ran out of breathe.

20. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

My vote is for #10, the last goal and the one that sealed the deal. my other vote is for every goal scored because in the end they were all necessary because what kept us up was goal difference. as far as style points go I think kamara's overhead kick takes the cake.