"Go West" - Theme Song of World Cup 2006

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by ChicagoTom, Jun 26, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

As many have probably heard, a version of "The Village People's" and "Pet Shop Boys" song called, "Go West" is played right after each World Cup match.

The music has been redone a bit to incorporate an orchestra and it sounds really nice. Does anyone know where I might be able to find an .mp3 of this new orchestra version of "Go West"?

Thanks!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Village People? Pet Shop Boys?

That explains all the diva-diving queens and the overacting refs!

3. martin

martin New Member

I have been trying to find it, too. Here is what I learned from the YanksInGermany list on Yahoo:

I haven't found an mp3 anywhere. I'll let you know if I do.

Cheers,
    Martin

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: "Go West" - Theme Song of World Cup 2006

Martin,
    With your information, I was able to find it on allofmp3.com. I paid 10 cents for it. If you want it, send me an email to tom@fulhamusa.com.

Cheers and thanks for the info!

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: "Go West" - Theme Song of World Cup 2006

Hmmmmmmmm, jury is still out on that one. Seems fitting for a German World Cup though.

Thank you Tom!