GL Forums Locked

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by pettyfog, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Campaign, World News forums and some posts in Anything Goes in 'Golden Lion' have been locked until further notice.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Pettyfog, will the threads ever be unlocked?

Until the recent issues (of which I must claim ignorance of their cause), I believed the GL discussions on here pretty much fell under the (supposed) quote by Voltaire: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.''

I know this is a soccer site, but I've always found the non-soccer content, at the least entertaining (and frustrating), and at most educational...and it's locked now as U.S. warships are sailing off Georgian coasts and Russia has acknowledged the independence of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.

D'oh!!!!

3. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

I second that for the same reasons as Nevzter stated. One guy shouldn't have this much influence. This is exactly what CF wanted and now he has it. He reminds me of the loud, and obnoxios professional protestors I used to step around or walk over while trying to traverse down the streets of SF, especially on Haight street, back in the 80's and 90's who would shill to get their point across. Tragic.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Wording this carefully as I can:

We dont know who this guy is or what his ultimate intentions are. Or what he might do to complete them.
    The main thing he wants is me gone.
    That I, a right winger, run a forum on a FFC related site as my 'personal propaganda machine' is his complaint.

I would say the forums will open again. Dont know if they will allow the same latitude of discussion, though.

Now I'm going to lock this as I think the subject has been done to a turn. The "Thread, What Thread" thread will remain open though and that is the only place this should be discussed.