Germany V. Italy [R]

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by americanmike, Jul 3, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

A great July 4th match up. This game can go either way but I am predicting a 1-0 to the Italians and only if Luca Toni is on form.

I thought the Germans had heart against the Argentinians and deserved to move ahead. Other than that, I'll be watching intensely!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I've given up predicting. I'm as naff at this as I am at political races. :lol:

I figured Germany and Italy to lose in the first knock-out round. Germany dives less, so I guess I'm rooting for them. With USA and England out, I don't have a horse any more.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Whichever team from this side of the bracket advances, will be the team that I support. But I'll be pulling for Deutschland!

Portugal's oh so dramatic diving and complaining has not endeared them to many. Go France on that side.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Re: RE: Germany V. Italy [R]

That's a fact. If it's a choice between Mr. Smooth from North London and Mr. Nancy from Man U, I say "Roll on France!"

5. RDG

RDG Member

RE: Re: RE: Germany V. Italy [R]

What if the Italians (Azurri) and the French (les Bleus) go on to the final? I'd just say, "Go Blues!" and not be wrong!!

Oh, and I hope to see more of that famous French dramatic actor, Thierry Henry!
    :3d smile:

6. Theoldguy

Theoldguy New Member

WoW, WoW, what a great match.......Italy

Maybe, just maybe the USA did better than we thought?

BTW what is the song that is played after all the matches are over......

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Wow, what a match that was. In my opinion, that was the most enjoyable match thus far and most entertaining for a nil-nil draw up to the last couple of minutes of OT.

The Italians deserved to go ahead and both teams had their chances. I was worried it would go to a penalty kick shoot out of which the Germans would've come away the winner.

Great match overall and sorry to see the Germans and their fans out of the tournament.

8. Theoldguy

Theoldguy New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Germany V. Italy [R]

I just hope that the German fans appreciate the effort that their team gave them, but I hope the the German Coach leaves them and since he loves Cal. becomes our new MNT head coach...... It indeed was a great match espically the second OT.... up and down it was great to watch....

Now I can only hope the Wednesday match is as exciting.....

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Stand Up For the Champions by Patrizio Buanne. It is a spin-off of the Pet Shop Boys song "Go West."

10. Theoldguy

Theoldguy New Member

Thanks for the information.....