FUSA Crew gathering

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, Jun 11, 2008.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I am spoken for on the 5th and 20th (company coming in from out of town and going to Florida, respectively) -- isn't the W Ham game the 24th?

2. Jux

Jux New Member

The Crew vs West Ham game is on the 20th and the MLS All-Star Game vs. West Ham is on the 24th. I guess they figure that the Thursday night ESPN slot is the best way to get the game on national TV.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, then.. it'll be the three of us on the 20th?

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Me and the boys will be there if we arent in Vermont. Should be deciding soon.

5. FFC007

FFC007 New Member

Crew V West Ham 7/20

Fog....how many people do we need to turn up for the FUSA gathering to get a better deal on tickets from the Crew ?

6. pettyfog

RE: Crew V West Ham 7/20

Dunno... I never handle that. And I'm pay on the gate, now.

Doubt we could make that number anyway and it would only be 5 bucks or less.

7. Clevelandmo

Looks like we will be in Vermont the weekend of the 20th. Sorry to miss the West Ham game and any chance for a FUSA get together. I am still going to try for our family coming to the Fire game on the 5th. Hopefully, we can meet PettyFog and Mr and Mrs Jux and anyone else. Does anyone tailgate before the games? Does anyone have suggestions for seats, parking, hotel if we spend the night, etc?

8. Jux

Jux New Member

We'll definitely be tailgating before the game. We usually arrive in the south (unpaved) lots around 4 - 4:30 for a 7:30 matches. There is a nice section of with two trees that usually doesn't get packed until closer to match time, which allows us to spread out a bit. We have two portable grills, two coolers, and a few seats/chairs to throw into the mix. We're fine with moving to a different part of the lot if there are other suggestions.

As for seats, our season tickets are in 105 on the lower east sideline. The main drawback of those seats is that you will probably have the sun in your eyes for the most of the first half. If you do sit on that side, bring a hat and some sunglasses!

With respect to hotels, there is one by the stadium, but I've never known anyone to stay there as it is a little rundown. I usually send FUSAs members to the Arena District, so they can be close to some good bars and restaurants downtown. However, since you are coming down from Cleveland, you might want to check out hotels that are just off I-71 on Polaris Parkway (just north of I-270). That area has about one of every type of restaurant, a few bars, a large mall/movie theater, and a Magic Mountain fun center. There are a list of hotels in that area on the Polaris Fashion Place (the mall) website. The hotels located on Lyra Drive and Meditteranean Ave. are just off of Polaris Parkway. The other hotels listed on that page are a little further away from I-71.

9. pettyfog

Thanks, Rob

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

The last time we came to Columbus we stayed at the Embassy Suites on Corporate Exchange. Wasn't the cheapest but it was very nice and it is only a few minutes from Crew stadium. Depending on how many you need to sleep, we managed to saved a little by staying in one suite instead of two rooms (elsewhere) and they had a great hot breakfast included with the room. If you do stay there the omlettes are very good.

11. Jux

Jux New Member

Bump!

Is anyone planning on coming to the July 5th? Clevelandmo? MrsJux and I will be there and just wanted know if we would have company. No real rush, just let us know anytime before Saturday so I can pack the car accordingly.

12. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Again, apologies for my no show and best wishes to all for a good time from this Buckeye

13. Clevelandmo

I'm sorry Jux we havent made up our minds. We will make a decision by tonight and let you know.

14. Clevelandmo

Jux, we have decided not to come to the Fire game. Thanks so much though for the offer to tailgate with you. It sounds great and we hope to take you up on it sometime. Maybe when McBride makes his return to the stadium.

We decided to go to the Cleveland City Stars game (Adam Moffat played for them last year) instead. Now that we have them in town and now that we are Fulham fans, we have less incentive to make the trip to a Crew game.

I hope they win and I hope you and Mrs. Jux have a great time!

15. Jux

Jux New Member

Sounds cool, hope the City Stars do well!

We should be at every Crew game with the exception of the Dallas game on August 16th, so the offer stands (for any FUSA members) for any of the other games to tailgate and hang out. Just post here or PM me.

16. FFC007

FFC007 New Member

Crew v West Ham

Jux,

See you on July 20th.....will you still be in same parking spot as last years Toronto game?

FFC007

17. Jux

Jux New Member

RE: Crew v West Ham

Yes we will definitely be in that area. We usually get there early enough to beat others to the spot.

18. FFC007

FFC007 New Member

Crew V West Ham United

Whose coming along on the 20th July for the Crew v West Ham game?

19. Clevelandmo

RE: Crew V West Ham United

I wish we could be there but we will be out of town. Have fun Jux, FFC007, and hopefully Petty. Hope you can get some others from the area. Maybe Obama will make an appearance since he is a West Ham fan.

20. FFC007

FFC007 New Member

COLUMBUS CREW V WEST HAM SUN 5pm

Anyone else apart from Jux and Fog coming along to what promises to be a festival of foptball on Sunday at the Crew stadium??