Fultime - June 2007

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Jun 19, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hi guys/gals,

I have an extra copy of Fultime at the house and was wondering if one of you would like me to send it out to you with the promise you will send it on to another FUSA person. Our quarterly magazine is and always has been impressive from a design perspective and it may give some people a real feel for the club. Lawrie is on the front cover this issue and there are some really good history in it as well as lots of funny bits.

Anywho, the first person to reply gets it and MUST pass it on when they are finished.

Sound good?

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

send it over Mikey! i in turn can get it to TOC.

3. americanmike

Re: RE: Fultime - June 2007

Will do, then to TOC...etc.

Front cover:

[​IMG]

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fultime - June 2007

sweet! yeah...i'll pass it on to TOC after I've read it. thanks!

5. jreid19

jreid19 Member

Buffalo, Home of the Wing and City of Raw Deals
    Re: RE: Fultime - June 2007

That photo makes LS look like a badass

6. Lyle

Lyle New Member

oooh... i'm interested in this as well. i live in houston, tx... so not far from hatterdon. if it gets to him, i would love for it to be sent my way.

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Dogg you are a gem. Just spotted this thread and to my surprise I am second in line to get it. Thank you kindly to Mike for allowing the FulhamUSA group to share in his good fortune and Dogg you are top draw for passing it on.

Let me know when you're done with the magazine Dogg. Are you going to the DC United match this weekend?

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Err.... A note, guys!

Dont be putting personal contact info in the forums. I of course didnt notice it, and neither did Mike.
    Don did, so now it's gone...But only from here! now that address is archived on Google in perpetuity. And it will pop up any time someone searches 'Fultime'

Or maybe not... but it could have if there werent and agricultural product of the same

9. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

It must be tough being Fog...policing and editing the forum. Well done.

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

yep...thanks Don. i'll send that your way for sure TOC

11. americanmike

Oms, PM or email your address.

Thanks fog...good lookin' out.

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I've breezed through this and plan on shipping it to whoever wants to take a look next. TofM is now in England and said to just send it to whoever from here, so speak up now if you want me to ship this to you. I know Don and Lyle were both interested, and if anyone else is say so now por favor.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Doggie, pm in your in-box, dude!

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

okay; I'm so old I can't remember who's next for this, or whether T_of_Mc actually ever got to see it or what.

So, I'm ready to ship it to the next addict. Just figure out who that is, and send me a pm with contact info and I'll get this in the mail ASAP!

It's very entertaining reading, and since a lot of the folks mentioned have moved on, it's rather an historical document. Just don't look at the cover, get mad, and rip it up!

15. americanmike

Fultime - December 2007

I have 2 copies available of the brand new Fultime. Will ship to anyone...not sure if we had a system, or a list, or if we do it Royal Rumble style, etc.

Give me a heads up and I'll get them out!

16. Jensers

Jensers New Member

RE: Fultime - December 2007

I would love to see one Mike - Pm on the way.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

restoring the original title, and adjusting to a new page. Or, in other words, BUMP!!

I have the June issue. Just pm me with contact info and I'll get it to the next guy in line.

18. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Mike -

THANK YOU! I got the December Fultime and read thru it the same day. It was really an enlightening experience and it provided a good look at the club and what it is about.

I would be happy to pass it on to anyone else if you just send me a PM with your address.

There is an article that is titled, "Top 10 Controversies."

#3 is the transfers of Bobby Robson and Alan Mullery:

From the article, "It was a similar story with Alan Mullery. A star in the First Division days of the early 60's, Mullery was sold to Spurs in March 1964, in a deal negotiated by Chairman Tommy Trinder behind Manager Jezzard's back. For eight years Mullery gave Spurs and England top-class service before returning to Fulham in 1972 for 65,000. Both deals suggested to supporters that the Club lacked the ambition to compete for top honors."

This reminded me of a passage about Fulham and Alan Mullery in "The Glory Game" that I am reading:

Mullery speaking:
    "I enjoyed my days at Fulham; but I think it was too much of a happy family. Some of the stars would wonder into the boardroom after training and pour a drink. Everyone was so easy going that no one wanted to leave. I think that at one stage they went 7 years without one request for a transfer. Yet we were nearly always struggling. Looking back, I'd have preferred a set-up where a manager or trainer was giving us some stick. I think the discipline could have been much tighter."

From the recent outlay of $ I hope that those sorts of days are over and that the club has a real ambition to grow.

19. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Really? Nobody wants to see this December issue? It burnin' a hole in my pocket!

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I know the feeling, pard. I'm still looking for "who's next" on the June issue.