FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006/2007

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Jun 13, 2006.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006/20

I have saved all my vacation days for this trip, who else is going?

:rock:

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Me! :banana:

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It is looking more and more like I will not be able to go. I have had to take a few extra days of vacation for my wedding and I do not think I will have much vacation left to go. As much as I want to go, I do not think it is going to happen.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Mike, I think you've got a head start on everyone. :lol:

5. americanmike

Just a quick update, I've been meaning to do one for some time but with the new sponsorship Fulham has from AA, I am looking at some other options.

For those thinking of making the trip, how would you feel about making the trip the first weekend in November?

Would more people be able to make it or have some people already booked that off?? I'll tell you why later... ;)

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I was planning on staying for two weeks, so I'll be there the first week of November no matter what. What's the scoop? Tells us...enquiring minds want to know. :3d smile:

7. americanmike

I didn't mean to scare anyone with the thought of changing the weekend but we will leave it for the last weekend in October...unless anyone has any significant reasons otherwise.

Well its just over a month and a week away and I'd like to know who is still thinking of making it. I know there are a few confirmations but now is the time to specificy if you are still thinking of making the trip. I'd like to speak to Fulham again soon about it seeing as they usually make a special effort for us.

Even if there are only a few coming over, it will be worth getting everyone a bit of hospitality. This will include any Americans living in London as well so if you read this and are interested just post below.

I'd like to make sure everyone gets into Mostspur Park for the Middlesex vs. Surrey match, Golden Lion for a bit of pre-match atmosphere, a tour of the Cottage (not on game day), tickets for the match, tickets into one of the Cottage pubs for some post-match drinks and just an overall Fulham weekend.

Any other ideas or suggestions are always appreciated and I will really make every effort to make sure you are looked after.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Unfortunately as I have written earlier, I am not going to be able to make it.

9. americanmike

WHAT A BUZZ KILL. Only kidding Tom, I know you'll be there in spirit but we'll get you here soon enough.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mike, could you get someone to take a group picture of the folks who do make it -- significant others included -- and post it on the site? The best time to do it would be during the tour of the ground.

It would mean a lot to those of us who aren't able to attend and have to get our jollies vicariously.

I'd also like to see what you guys actually look like [for instance, I don't think Heather looks all that much like Bullard!].

11. RDG

RDG Member

FFC Cottage Trip

Ok, let's try this again!

Original plans -- check (October 28 match).
    Motspur Park -- nope, some of us like to sleep in.
    Golden Lion -- sounds good!
    Tour of the grounds -- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
    Match -- sounds good.
    Post-match Cottage bar -- will do !!
    Got plenty of Black and White gear, so Thunderbirds are go!!!

Now, I hope that my Metsies can actually be in the World Series and finish it up in four. That way, I don't have to bug anyone whilst over there.

Note to American Mike: See! I can write without using foul language!!

:3d smile:

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: FFC Cottage Trip

Okay, if you are thinking of making this trip, I strongly recommend you book a hotel reservation soon. The weekend of October seems to be expo week and halloween celebrations (or whatever else) in London and seems to have left very little in choices.

The Premier Travel Inn in Putney Bridge I think might have 1 or 2 disabled rooms left and I don't think there is too much left in Hammersmith, and the Kensington and Knightsbridge areas have very slim pickings too (most of the budget hotels in that area were booked). Even Hostels have very little left in terms of beds on that weekend--at least according to their websites.

13. americanmike

Re: FFC Cottage Trip

The Middlesex Vs. Surrey Fulham supporters match is now a charity game for the Fulham Community Trust and kick off is at 11:30am sharp (not too early Rudy!). After which we'll get on a train with a few beers and head into SW6.

Thanks for the update Heather, I advise those who are thinking of making the trip in, to either start really thinking about it and contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I'll be more than happy to give you a hand with arrangements.

14. OKTerrific1

OKTerrific1 New Member

RE: Re: FFC Cottage Trip

Hey guys, I know it's late but I am interested in taking this trip... I know none of you... but hey, we all like Fulham, what the hell's the difference.

American Mike, you've got mail.

15. BC

BC New Member

As much as I'd love to go, I'm afraid I can't make it this time. I hope to in the future , however, The wife and I are hoping to travel to the UK next July if it works out. I know there won't be any matches going on but we (I) definately want to see the Cottage and the surrounding area as well as visit the club shop.

Someday I'll meet up with you all and take in a match at Craven Cottage. In the meantime, enjoy your trip and keep us all updated!

16. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Yeah, I'm buggered too. Just spent 10 days in Dublin and can't get the time off. Shame, the idea of watching Rudy enamour himself with the local natives after a few ales would be almost as much fun as the game itself.

17. Jux

Jux New Member

Time and Money are going to take MrsJux and I out of this trip. Maybe we'll be able to head over in the spring if we can get our ducks in a row.

18. RDG

RDG Member

Re: FFC Cottage Trip

:3d smile: :3d laughing: :3d funny: :wow:

19. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: FFC Cottage Trip

I'll record it for you Glen.

20. americanmike

RE: Re: RE: Re: FFC Cottage Trip

We really don't have that many fans coming over for this match in particular, but I'll be honest and say I have bought 10 tickets already for Americans making it over for the Everton match.

I'll see what FFC says about doing something on either weekend and for those making it to the Wigan game, we'll try and get something special done.