FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006/2007

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Jun 13, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Thanks for your willingness to help out. Stay tuned to this board and the emails you get from FulhamUSA about the details of the trip. It would be great for all of us to meet up with you.

Cheers!
    Tom

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I'm an American living in Surrey and am now a Season ticket holder but you could definitely be fo use for when our fellow yanks make the venture to see our believed Whites!

Side note, what matches have you chosen for your 10 match package? We should meet for a drink or two at the Golden Lion pub.

Thanks for the offer for help though, its greatly appreciated.

3. partham

partham New Member

Honestly, I kinda forget... I'll remember when the card comes from Fulham.

I do know that Chelsea and Arsenal were my A+ games. (I went to both of these games last year. The Arsenal game was crappy. The Chelsea game was... well... not crappy.)

I think Spurs, Newcastle, Villa, Boro, Man City, Blackburn... something like that... I've got them all written down somewhere... and the people I'm going with (4 other Americans) have it all written down.

I've also bought tickets to the Bolton game. Not part of the 10-game package. So, I'll (at least) see 11 games. I'll likely go to the Shefield United game. So, that'd be 12. I wonder how close to 19 it's going to be at the end... I'm sure it won't be far away.

4. americanmike

So there are 4 other Americans that will be going to matches as well??

The FulhamUSA trip is shaping up will be for the Wigan home match on Oct. 28th but we're still working on flights/hotels for everyone that week. COYW's!

5. partham

partham New Member

Yes.

More than that, too. I've got 5 others (six including me) going to the Bolton game. It's not part of our package and the other package holders don't want to go. All of these five are Americans. And, I've got commitments from other Americans to go to games here and there throughout the season.

(I work at a place where there are lots and lots of Americans and I've been spreading the McBride, Boca & Fulham Gospel. Now, if they'd sign Gouch...)

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

So, will today's foiled terrorist plot keep anyone from going on the trip in October? My fiancee is a bit nervous about me going, but I am definitely making the trek.

7. americanmike

Is Z not going?!

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I'm still going. I just hope I can bring my electronic goods up front with me. I hate for my camera to get smashed down below.

BTW, does Craven Cottage allow SLR cameras in?

9. americanmike

They say 'no cameras' Heather, but you will have no problems taking pictures out in the open. AmericanBob brought a telescope last time and no one said anything!! :wink:

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

The terrorists will not stop me from going to England, but a new transmission in my car will. I just got off the phone with the mechanic and he told me it would cost about $2000 to get my transmission fixed. Thus, I am not going to be able to go to England. It pains me that I will not go, but unless I win the lottery, I will not be making it.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

That stinks, Tom. :cry:

Are you sure you need a new transmission? A car isn't that important, is it? :roll:

12. americanmike

No way man, just get a new car! You are not missing out on this trip! I'll forward you a round trip ticket to London and that will be your wedding gift dude!

What car do you have that you need a $2000 transmission repair?

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

2000 Honda Civic EX. I am going for a second opinion. I will hopefully get some better news. I will keep you posted.

14. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

guy at the Ford place told me I needed a rebuilt $3000 tranny. I said can we try a flush and refill of the fluid? He said sure but no guarantees. Worked like a charm.....so far 1 year later....

15. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

I got married 11 years ago.... You need my home address for the gift?
    :banana:

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Well, I went for the second opinion. The guy took my drive drove it around and put it up in the air to look underneath. He told me there is no transmission problem. He said other than a timing belt, which I need changed and is expensive, everything else is fine.

Thus, I still might be able to make the trip. I have to see how much the guy will charge for the timing belt. Will keep you posted.

17. americanmike

Honda's, being a very popular car, are an easy fix when it comes to a timing belt and should cost around $500. If you have alot of miles on your car, and you know the belt hasn't been changed yet and you plan on keeping the car,get it done.

Glad to hear you MAY be coming!! :banana:

18. ob

ob New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006/20

I'm thinking of going to some of the post-Christmas and New Years matches as me and Mrs ob will be in Blighty vising family anyway. Anyone around/interested in going to any of those matches?

Wednesday, 27 December 2006 Charlton v Fulham, 20:00
    Saturday, 30 December 2006 Chelsea v Fulham, 15:00
    Monday, 01 January 2007 Fulham v Watford, 15:00

19. RDG

RDG Member

Ok, why don't we -- once the McBride shares are all gone -- have another fundraiser for Tom's trip to the Cottage?

Either that, or we chip in for a bus pass. :tongue:

Hey, come hell or high water, I hope to put in for the vacation days and then perhaps actually book some flights. (I plan on spending more than one weekend over there.)

20. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Already dragging the wife and the rugrat to Ireland in Septermber, so I have to see if I can make it over again myself in October.