FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006/2007

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Jun 13, 2006.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: Re: American Airlines and FulhamUSA

Don't put that off. It can take a solid two months or even more.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: American Airlines and FulhamUSA

If need be, just get it expedited and you should be all set. It would be a hell of a birthday gift.

3. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006/2007

With that in mind, I shouldn't book my flight for late November until late October? I'm flying out of Atlanta and I'd would rather not pay $500 plus again. :(

4. Doug_in_CA

Doug_in_CA New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006/20

Count me in for two Mikie!
    Just tell me which weekend.

5. americanmike

FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006

Hey Doug!

Lets hope that you don't run off with all of the prizes this year! It was funny how even though we shared hospitality with our Dutch friends, that the 'yanks' were the ones who won the raffles!

I believe we are leanings towards the weekend of the Wigan match since those who wish to see the Carling Cup match on that previous Wednesday can and hospitality may be easier to get. This is also the first time Bullard will be playing against his former team!

6. Jux

Jux New Member

RE: FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006

MrsJux and I are checking the finances...so I'll put in a "maybe." Man, do we wanna go!

7. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

RE: FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006/20

I've only got 5.5 days left of vaca this year, but keep talking, I'm listening. The AA deal might be a clincher.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006/20

I am in for this one. As I have said, I prefer the Wigan match with a mid-week Carling Cup match before that.

9. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Trip to Craven Cottage 2006/20

I should be up for this trip...esp if anyone is planning on travelling from NJ/NY.

10. RDG

RDG Member

Trip

Highly likely that I'll go. Naturally, this means the Mets will be in the World Series and I'll be able to get tix. I should have such problems!

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Trip

You count me in. Hopefully. :3d nervous:

Just let me know which days, so I can mark them off and beat everyone else to that week.

12. FulhamFire

FulhamFire New Member

As the Cubs will be nowhere near the playoffs, I've got no conflicts. Well, kind of the Red Sox but I can watch them from London just as easily as Chicago (well staying up until 3:00 a.m. at least). :)

One question - as far as American goes, do they give us a code because I've got frequent flier miles on there that I might like to use (for a seat upgrade since London's a long flight) as well as getting the discount.

Such a greedy bugger! :)

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Mike is the one to ask about the deal with American Airlines. He will be able to better answer this question. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Glad to hear you are planning on making the trip! Being as we are both in Chicago, we ought to me at the Globe for a match sometime before then. Let me know if you are ever going there for a match.

14. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

The Globe? Like in Big Audio Dynamite's song?

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Perhaps the name came from the song. Next time I am in there I will ask the owner, a die-hard Everton supporter.

16. americanmike

Hello FulhamFire,
    Yes, American will be giving us a code for atleast 5% off or more...so then you will still be able to upgrade...well worth it from Chicago I must say. I think we may have a good turnout for the trip but I'll kep you all updated.

17. FulhamFire

FulhamFire New Member

Mike: Thanks.

Tom: Of course. The couple of times we went last year were fun. I'll be there again this year I hope. I think I'll be there for most Fulham matches on Setanta since I don't get Setanta. It's just too cold to go up to North Center when it's on FSC.

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Sounds good FulhamFire. Just let me know when you are going. I just got DirecTV so I have Setanta, but I am up for going to the pub once in a while to watch matches. Whether Fulham or other teams, it is always great being in a nice soccer-friendly environment.

19. americanmike

I believe we are going to make this trip the weekend of the Wigan home match which is the weekend of October 28th.

The club knows we are planning a trip over and the Fulham Supporters Club is helping us sort out hospitality and a few other things to make sure this trip is the best one yet.

The Fulham pub, The Golden Lion, has once again asked us to be their guests before the match where we'll have some free food and lots of beer in the Fulham Only pub. Anne, the landlady, was a great hostess last year and 'American Sue' was also a superb help in getting us the hospitality at the Golden Lion.

For those who can take an extra day or two off, you will also have the opportunity to go see the Carling Cup match the Wednesday before Wigan.

Last year, our trip coincided with a friendly match between two sets of Fulham supporters which was aptly named Surrey Vs. Middlesex. This year, it will happen again! Basically a group of Fulham fans south of the Thames (Surrey) play a group of fans north of the Thames (Middlesex). I played for Middlesex last year and if we have anymore aspiring footballers, and you make the trip, you will be party of the mighty Middlesex (see pics here: http://www.fulhamusa.com/index.php?modu ... all&gid=13 ).

I would to get some preliminary numbers so if you are still thinking about making the trip just let me or Tom know.

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

That is great about the Middlesex-Surrey match being the same day. I look forward to playing in that as well. I will likely embarass myself, but it will still be fun.