FulhamUSA Logo

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Dec 8, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I figured I would start thread about the logo in order to keep all comments in one spot for now. Although not everyone can this forum, I'll cut in paste what I get.

In my opinion I liked 3, 2 and 7 with my fave being 3:
    [​IMG]

In my opinion, the font needs to be changed and the logo needs more depth and 'action', also I'd like to see the flag and ball above the 'FulhamUSA as opposed to next to it. I have other comments but won't put them here just yet, I need to think a bit more.

They will be asking me what we liked about the chosen logo, what we disliked and what we liked from other logos that we would like to see used on this logo.

Thanks again guys!!

2. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

At first i didnt like your suggestion of having the graphic above the text... then I realized that I'm a bumbling idiot.

I'd reflect or mirror the image so that motion of the ball is from right to left leaving the flaggy wake above the USA and the black and white above FULHAM.... I'd also thing that a smaller tagline, such as where the black and white meet the red and blue... stars and stripes... whichever it was...

I dont mind the font. I do however think, partially cuz I used to do it for a living... USED TO, that its a cardinal sin not to have .COM after all mentions of FulhamUSA... or else it defeats the purpose as both a website and a marketing concept.

3. americanmike

Thats a great idea about the flag..maybe giving the ball more of a 3-dimension as if it was kicked and then leaving the flag its its wake. Keeping with this idea, maybe making the left side of the flag black and white and then fading it into red,white and blue? Lastly, on this idea, what about using an old school soccer ball...

[​IMG]

4. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

That looks like and old school volley ball.

5. americanmike

Re: RE: FulhamUSA Logo

Back in the day, all the soccer balls looked like this (just check of of the images with Johnny Haynes...his generation used this ball.

Better yet, download the Johnny Haynes video in the downloads section, there is a small bit of him training with this exact ball...well not exact, but exact. :3d tongue:

6. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Logo

Dont try to get me to watch your propoganda....

7. americanmike

Just an FYI, I have made the 'logo review board' all temporary moderators of this forum so they can get into this discussion

8. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Mike,

1. I like the simplicity of No 3, avoid making it too fussy. It might lookmore 'active' if the image is placed after FulhamUSA. The beauty of this logo is its rawness.

2. I agree with Smokin, dot com should be added.

3. At first I was not sure about the font....but its growing on me. How about the letters USA in red, white and blue, respectively?

PS This moderator thing might go to my head...I feel very important and now have my feet on my desk in a 'big time executive' type style. All I need now is a smartly dressed executive assistance with huge knockers.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Logo

Get a grip, Glen... Mods are unshaven, and wear sweatshirts or PJ's. Now.. start selling ads, and you're on target!

I have no preference, yet, but I dont like the old ball design as part of it.

That's "classic just for the sake of classic", it DOES confuse with volleyball .. mind that some sites use the ball stitch/emboss pattern to denote what round-ball sport they refer to... and questions might be raised on it, apropos of nothing useful.

10. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Logo

I agree with you there 'fog. OK, no old ball then. I like the font used on some of our banners now (where all letters are caps but only the first one and the USA is larger).

Also, '.com' is definitely in.

Although, I don't exactly like the star, the idea of having a 'logo with-in a logo' is something I like.

Once we settle on one and I put in comments (not until this weekend) we will get 7-8 versions of this concept.

my moderation (cash)

11. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Logo

Its in my head too. I feel the need to moderate something

12. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I voted for this logo...but I think it was 3rd. I forget what the other two were, and the site doesn't have the designs on them anymore.

13. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I never saw them.... sometimes being slightly retarded compounded with looking like a mongoloid, and not actually being one hurts my pursuit of an acutal intellect.

14. americanmike

Johnny's choices (in order): [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I like number 2.... and not because it massages my prostate.

16. americanmike

Have you checked your cmesso gmail account you fool?? There is a link with the 7 concepts in there!

17. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

check your PMs Mike.

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

OK...I voted. Jeez, I don't spend that much time voting at the polls. :3d devil: BTW--are these faces new or only available to moderators? If so, I want to be a moderator. :3d nervous: :3d laughing:

19. DCDave

DCDave Member

Maybe it's just that I'm very tired, but I can't find the link to the logos. (Reading back to JC's comment, I guess they are there anymore.)

Of the ones above, I like the "fulham" in the top one (especially since it's so recognizable from the official site). Ideally, I'd like to have the official badge, but I'm sure there are copyright issues.

That being said, I have three ideas:

1) The red and blue streak and the football in the second one, but "fulham.usa" in the font of the first logo.

2) "fulham.usa", wiht the "fulham" in the style fro mthe second logo above, and the "USA" also in the style of the second logo above.

3) This would be tougher, but a "FUSA" in the style of the "FFC" in the official badge, with fulham.usa underneath it. Since I have no graphic computer skills, I can't design it, but I hope you get the idea.

If the link for the logo choices is still out there, please let me know.

20. DCDave

DCDave Member

I am now awake and have seen the mail message with the logos and have voted.