FulhamUSA Fantasy Premier League

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by ChicagoTom, Jul 18, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I have set up a FREE FulhamUSA fantasy Premier League through, www.premierleague.com. For those of you who have never played, it is a fun and entertaining way to keep up with not only Fulham players, but all players in the Premiership.

You are given 100 points and you must pick 3 forwards, 5 midfielders, 5 defenders, and 2 keepers. It is impossible to buy all the best players as players like Henry cost 14 points and such. It is actually quite challenging filling out your roster.

Points are earned by scoring goals, assists, keeping clean sheets for keepers and defenders, saving penalties, and so forth and so on.

I think it would be cool to get as many people in the league as possible.

If you would like to join the league here is how you do it:

1. Go to www.premierleague.com and on the left hand side, click on "Fantasy Premier League"
    2. Register by naming your team, picking a username/password, pick your kits, etc.
    3. Pick your team. You have 100.0 points and must pick an entire team. You can change your team as often as you would like until the seasons first match on Aug 13th. After that, you can make one transfer a week without being penalized. After that, you get deducted four points for each extra transfer a week.
    4. After you selected your team, you will see something on the right where you will "Manage League." Click on this.
    5. Then click on "Join Existing League."
    6. When prompted to put in the code for the FulhamUSA league, this is the code you will use 9941-2076

At this point, you will be registered for the FulhamUSa league.

If you would like an email with all of these details and links to sign-up, send me an email, tom@fulhamusa.com.

Needless to say, this is fun, it is free and I have enjoyed it the last few years. I figured it might be a god way to get some good, friendly, banter going on the board with this league.

2. Jux

Jux New Member

It may end up in heartache for myself, but my rag-tag team is poised for a cup run. Viva AC Jux! :wink:

3. martin

martin New Member

I'm in. It will be fun looking down on everyone from the top of the table!

I will be playing on Yahoo as well. Sign-ups should start within the next couple weeks. I will start a group there if anyone wants to play the Yahoo version also.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: FulhamUSA Fantasy Premier League

I tried the Yahoo! version last year and did not like it as much. Perhaps it is because I am used to the Premierleague.com version. Regardless, it should be fun for all involved.

5. Jux

Jux New Member

RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Fantasy Premier League

Do your players increase/decrease in value throughout the season? It probably says it somewhere but I missed it.

That's how the mlsnet league works and you can really get left behind if your first XI underperform at the start of the season (making it next to impossible for you to trade them for better talent).

6. christopher

christopher New Member

I'm in!

It's the same as the one they had for Euro2004, which was a blast.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Fantasy Premier League

Yes, players value can increase and decrease. For example, Thierry Henry started the season costing 11.0 and at the end of the season he was 14.0. On the other hand, I think Steed started the season last year costing 9.5 and at the end of the season he was 8.5.

Players do not move that much unless they start banging in goals right and left like Andy Johnson last season.

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Fantasy Premier League

I really like the Premierleague.com fantasy league. I have used it the last two years and its great for fantasy league beginners and pros.

9. americanmike

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Fantasy Premier League

Ok, I'm in...American Mike FC.

Stand up, if you're going up. Stand up, if you're going up. Stand up!!!

10. martin

martin New Member

Re: RE: FulhamUSA Fantasy Premier League

Yahoo messed a lot of things up last year. Players were listed under the wrong position, some scores took weeks to get posted, they were inconsistent in handling midweek games, their player valuation system was crap, etc. But it was fun anyway. They are supposedly fixing some of those problems this season. We'll see.

11. americanmike

Come on, there has to be more people interested in the fantasy league!! There is a prize for 1st place!!! (Although we don't know what it is yet!)

12. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Alright kids, I'm in...

13. DCDave

DCDave Member

I'm going to get in--I just haven't had time. I should be able to enter either tomorrow evening or Saturday AM.

14. DCDave

DCDave Member

I have a question: Looking on my local newsstand, I see lots of magazines for Fantasy Football, Unfortunately, they are for American football. :(

Are there magazines for fantasy EPL football? An even more audacious question--if there are, could somebody coming to Columbus from England pick up a couple of the magazines for me? Let me know--I'd be happy to pay you back in Columbus either with cash or beer--your choice. Either reply to this message, send me a private message, or e-mail me at dar6884@earthlink.net. Thanks!

Dave

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I do not think they do have such magazines Dave, but you never know and it does not hurt to ask. I have not heard of any such over the past few seasons. I do not think the English take fantasy quite the same way we Americans take it.

16. americanmike

Well, we are up to 23 teams and counting...

Oh, right, and this years prize will be a Harrods hamper! Enjoy!

17. americanmike

Yes!

33 and counting...

The Harrods Hamper offer really turned people on...

18. Jux

Jux New Member

RE: Yes!

Oh...what I wouldn't give for a Harrods Hamper.

Fair warning to all involved, the gloves are off!!!

:twisted:

19. Fulham_Adam

Fulham_Adam New Member

New to thifulhamusa.com- you have done a great job guys, brilliant website.

I have joined the fantasy mini league and I am afraid I will win the hamper- my midfield and strikeforce are unstopable, defence a bit didgy though. Good luck everyone

20. McBride'sHeader

McBride'sHeader New Member

Make sure you all get ready to bring the noise this year. I ranked in the top 4000 in the league of over 450,000. Watch out for the Cleveland Force!!! I think it had a lot to do with having so few Cottagers on my squad.