FulhamUSA Fantasy Football Cup

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by VonBilly, Jan 6, 2006.

1. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

as all good managers say after there knocked out of the cup. ''We can now concentrate on the league''.:shock:

until the FulhamUSA Champions league starts up!
    this competition will start up the week after the final of this cup competition.
    it will have group stages, seedings, knockout stages.
    the hole works!
    and will run till the final week of the season.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

A FulhamUSA Champions League would be awesome!! Are you going to get that going Von Billy?

3. rumstove

rumstove New Member

French: I like the new yellow kit. Some of my newer players wanted to try out the orginal Stover kit, so it's been re-introduced, for now at least.

VonBilly: FulhamUSA Champions league...another great idea!!

4. French_Connection

French_Connection New Member

2nd round press conference with French Connection.
    The new yellow kit worked a treat and bringing on Helguson as a last minute replacement was a stroke of genius. 36-25 was the unexpected margin. Wotdjamean the ref gave some dodgy decisions? He cost me a lot of money, he did. Also, the fact that my new-age keeper had to babysit his kid on Saturday while his wife went shopping meant that a large pram blocked half the goal. He couldn't leave the labrador by himself at home either so the dog kennel and dog garded the post and bit any of G-rap's forwards when they got close. Creative team management I call that. Roll on the next round and my commiserations to G-Rap. Good luck in the league.

5. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

2nd Round Result

2nd Round Week 23..

36-32..ROLLERCOASTER v BUGLERS BOYS
    41-29..FRENCH CONNECTION V FC G-RAP
    42-54..FUSION FC v COTTAGER
    29-49..NOWAYJEFF FFC v STAR COOKIES
    37-24..FLAPPAGE ROVERS v ROYS RAGGED ROVERS
    34-37..REAL SOCIALLAD v FFC 29
    23-37..COOKIES CHAMPIONS v MELBOURNE VICTORY
    23-43..E-MO YANKEES v SIR CRAVENS KNIGHTS
    23-22..UNCLE CARBUNCLE v JASTHEACE FC
    26-33..McCLEAN FC v STOVER FC
    +17-17..FULHAM FC(96) v TRANSATLANTIC FC(95)
    39-42..ONE F in FULHAM v SKIPJACKS UNITED
    34-43..CHIWALI REPUBLIC v SUP'D AND THE DAWGS
    37-23..COOKIES MONSTERS v FUSA XI
    +38-38..REGO PARK RANGERS(108) v BLINK(125)
    33-57..AL FAYEDS TROOPERS v HANTS WEST KILLERS

The two tied games came down to the monthly rankings (score in brackets/lowest number wins)

3rd round draw to follow....

6. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

3rd Round draw

3rd Round Week 24

UNCLE CARBUNCLE v SUP'D AND THE DOG'S
    COTTAGER v FLAPPAGE ROVERS
    STAR COOKIES v COOKIES MONSTERS
    MELBOURNE VICTORY v FRENCH CONNECTION
    HANTS WEST KILLERS v STOVER FC
    ROLLERCOASTER v REGO PARK RANGERS
    SIR CRAVENS KNIGHTS v TRANSATLANTIC FC
    FFC 29 v SKIPJACK'S UNITED

7. RDG

RDG Member

Re: 2nd Round Result

Whew!

Go Range-uhs! (oops!! wrong sport!!)

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Re: 3rd Round draw

ah crap, Hants West Killers have been cranking out the points as of late. If my team doesn't shape up quick i'm out. :( Then to make things worse our kit sponsor was too embarrassed to continue their sponsorship so we were forced to find a new kit deal.

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

FulhamUSA Cup

I have picked up the 'Cup' today! Yeehawww!

Von Billy, thank you once again for putting this together as I see this is already going to be a annual tournament on FulhamUSA. I do have to mention that I am quite embarrased that I went out in round 1!!!

10. DCDave

DCDave Member

RE: FulhamUSA Cup

Hey, no sympathy after you kicked me out in Round 2! :)

By the way, I think we should all get kit sponsors. I'm here to announce today that my kit sponsor is the snack food SunChips, barely beating out several other products that I regularly use but am too embarrased to mention in public.

11. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Re: RE: FulhamUSA Cup

I'm still working with a couple potential sponsors, hopefully in the next day or two...

Just remember, no kit sponsor can be more embarrassing than League 2 club Shrewsbury Town, who sponsored by Morris Lubricants, which alone isn't bad. But then you have to take into consideration that their home field/stadium is called Gay Meadow. :shock:

12. French_Connection

RE: Re: RE: FulhamUSA Cup

I'm delighted to announce a new sponsorship deal for the French-Connection team. We now have the company name "Fockedey" printed on our kit. Our shirt sales have increased by 300% and the players' motivation has increased tremendously as they wait expectantly for the goodies to be delivered. I haven't the heart to tell them that it is a Belgian transport company (www.fockedey.be).
    I'm milking this enthusiasm while it lasts, hoping it'll carry us through to the next round of the Cup.

13. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

3rd Round Results

3rd Round Week 24

49-46..UNCLE CARBUNCLE v SUP'D AND THE DAWG'S
    31-31..COTTAGER(178) v FLAPPAGE ROVERS(156)
    29-33..STAR COOKIES v COOKIES MONSTERS
    43-58..MELBOURNE VICTORY v FRENCH CONNECTION
    33-65..HANTS WEST KILLERS v STOVER FC
    42-27..ROLLERCOASTER v REGO PARK RANGERS
    34-25..SIR CRAVENS KNIGHTS v TRANSATLANTIC FC
    45-37..FFC 29 v SKIPJACK'S UNITED

The top two teams Stover FC and French Connection both had easy wins,
    Stover FC showing why they are the number 1 seeds, scoring 65pts

but the Cottager come unstuck against Flappage due to there bad recent form, going out on the monthly ranking

the two outsiders Hant West Killers and Transatlantic FC finally bowed out

Quater final draw to follow

14. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

Quater Final Draw

Quater Final Week 25

STOVER FC v SIR CRAVEN'S KNIGHT'S

COOKIES MONSTER'S v ROLLERCOASTER FC

UNCLE CARBUNCLE v FLAPPAGE ROVERS

FRENCH CONNECTION v FFC 29

the big two avoided each other again!

15. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Hooray on to the quarter finals for, yet again, another tough match!

I would also like to take this time to announce the new sponsorship deal between Stover FC and Domino Records. With Domino being an indy label, this deal was financially made possible almost solely by the success of Arctic Monkeys' debut release...of course also having Franz Ferdinand, amongst other bands, helped also. Hopefully this partnership will also bring in free concert tickets, and a few mentions in the credits of upcoming albums.

16. French_Connection

Hey, since I announced my new sponsor to the team, the guys are flyingggggg !
    Stover, I'm on your six, good buddy.

17. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

this could be the round when the mighty stover falls.

French Connection has been invited to be the European manager in a fourth coming fantasy fulhamUSA international against the rest of the world
    (week28)
    stover will fill you in with the details shortly(i hope)

18. French_Connection

Wow. I'm honoured by the invitation to be the European manager and accept with humility. Now, I shall select some European selectors and then we can teach these colonials a thing or two about football. :3d footy:

19. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

the top 2 managers in the rankings were chosen to represent the teams, though i hear Rumstove is hiring some assistant coaches?
    i sent Rumstove the rules for this match-up without saving them :? , so hopfully he will see this and send them on to you.
    i forgotten them already!!

theres one more game left to play before i can divulge the quater final results.

the draw for the FulhamUSA Champions league will next weekend

20. rumstove

rumstove New Member

yeah, this isn't a good feeling. After calculating the auto-subs' points yet to be added I figured out I'm down 33-39. Hopefully my players can pick up an extra 7 points to Sir Craven's Knights on Wednesday. Then again, it may come down to good ole' Actim Index again.

I received the details, and I will be relying on the help of some knowledgeable assistant coaches, although I have yet to contact any. I'll do so within the next couple days as things have been busy around here lately.