FulhamUSA Fantasy Champions League

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by VonBilly, Jan 25, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I finally checked this out today and couldn't believe that my group are all tied at 2-0-2. Puts some preassure on me to make a few surpise changes to lead my team to victory.

Ok, so I'm taking this way too seriously.

2. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

Game week 5 results

GAME WEEK 5 RESULTS
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Group Greenpole
    39-30..cottager v southend wanderers
    58-14..Flappage Rovers v Homer is a Do'h Men
    Group Steed
    42-43..Stover FC v Dusty Old Dust
    44-42..FireFan32 v Doctors of Football
    Group Boa
    64-40..Sir Cravens Knights v rollercoaster fc
    44-33..Real Sociallad v Angry Gnomes FC
    Group Ye Ha!
    50-44..Black & White Army v fulhamfc.com
    41-36..Cleveland Force v Footystuds
    Group Boca
    47-49..von's leg'ends v Steel City Whites
    41-52..Jimmy Hills Chin v Fusion FC
    Group Maestro
    60-61..French Connection v Bubba FC
    49-40..steeeed v Fulhams dnb warfare
    Group FulhamUSA
    42-33..Footcer FC v Star Cookies
    36-43..Roys Ragged Rovers v Transatlantic FFC
    Group Golden Lion
    56-34..Irving Park United v Al Fayed's Troopers
    32-36..team shula v Nowayjeff F.C.
    Group Cookie
    38-39..Skipjacks United v Cookies Champions
    58-51..Chiwali Republic v pw's
    Group Al Fayed
    64-36..Boston United v Uncle Carbuncle
    38-37..Long Island FC v Fulham FC
    Group Papa
    35-45..Fulhamish FC v Rego Park Rangers
    40-31..Charizard v Bouba's Bodysuits
    Group Craven Cottage
    40-47..AYSO Allstars v CottagerFFC
    56-22..jastheaceffc v Lebsta
    Group Stars and Stripes
    48-48..MELBOURNE VICTORY FC v E-MO Yankees
    25-57..FC G-Rap v Cleveland Simon
    Group Thamesbank
    43-38..FFC29 v AC Jux
    45-23..AFC TurdWatch v Hants West Killers
    Group Ivor!
    43-45..McLean FC v Cookies Monsters
    50-35..Sellafield Wednesday v Blink
    Group Morgan
    41-42..sup'd and the dawgs v FUSA XI
    32-41..One F in Fulham v buglers boys
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

in a shock, number one seed Stover fc lost by a single point, 42-43 to Dust Old Dust, keeping the group wide open going into the final match of the group stages.
    my Leg'Ends lost a heartbreaker by 2, i new i should have held on to ruud for another week.
    French Connection lost again 60-61 to Bubba fc, and now cant qualifie for the next stage.
    Irving Park United stroll on, winning there 5th straight game, and ease into the next round.
    Mike's Long Islanders scraped a 38-37 win over Fulham fc and now only need a draw to move on.
    Melbourne Victory and E-MO's Yankees scored 38 apiece for the 1st tie in the compitition this season.

with one round to go, its all to play for,
    group tables and scores will updated shortly

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

RE: Game week 5 results

Hey, I didn't lose by one point this week (as I have twice)--I lost by two. It is official, despite a +1 goal differential, McLean FC has been eliminated. Elvis has left the building. Oh, well--I can focus more more now on VA United, my Fulham USA MLS team.

4. rumstove

rumstove New Member

knockout stage begins

Week 6 (Gameweek 33) results are now updated. 64 teams are now down to 32 teams for the knockout rounds. VonBilly did the random draw. For the first round matches, each group winner is up against a group runner-up.

I believe the group stages are taking a 'World Cup' feel for the knockout rounds, as the possible upcoming match-ups are already shown, rather than having a random draw each round. This will help in upcoming gameweeks, especially between gameweeks 34 and 35, as 34 ends 16 April and gameweek 35 starts the next day, 17 April.

Also, just a disclaimer right away: due to the fact that the upcoming gameweeks are so bunched together, and depending on how quickly Actim Index points are awarded, a couple of the knockout rounds might not be fully updated before the next gameweek starts. But don't worry, thanks to the gameweek history we'll find the match winners. :)

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: knockout stage begins

Good stuff Rumstove!! I am hoping IPU can march on in the Champions League!!!

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Sweet mercy, my team scrapped its way out of the groups stages. Jeez, I need a new defense...giving up 301 in 6 games is unacceptable.

7. americanmike

Phew!!! I made it!

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Round 1 is finished

The premierleague website added Actim Index points quickly, so scores have been added and the site updated with the upcoming Round 2 match-ups.

Round 1 results were a bit surprising, being that all 3 of the teams that finished the group stages undefeated got knocked out.

9. americanmike

I got crushed!!!!! :?

See you next year!

10. RDG

RDG Member

AAAAAAaaaagh!

I do well enough (64 points) but lose by 5!

Ah, well.

11. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Round 2 results are almost updated. Match C between AFC TurdWatch and steeeed ended in a draw (50-50), and to be honest I need to confirm with VonBilly on the tiebreak.

12. rumstove

rumstove New Member

After confirmation, AFC TurdWatch is the winner of Match C in Round 2 versus steeeed by tiebreaker rules.

The tiebreaker goes by points and ranking of the current month, not overall season total. In the month of April AFC TurdWatch has scored 214 points, with a 97,068 monthly ranking. steeeed has a 207 April point total, with a 148,333 monthly ranking.

So, round 2 results are now fully updated. Only 8 teams left.

13. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I forgot to mention, results from the last Gameweek are updated and the semi-finals are set. With 15 games included in the upcoming Gameweek we might see some high scores. Go fantasy teams!

14. americanmike

Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!

AC Jux is still in it??!!!

15. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

AC Jux knocked out the Leg'end's, if i got through, there's no way i would have beaten Bubba fc anyway! :?

--Semi-Finals
    Stover FC 72 jastheaceffc 70
    AC Jux 42 Bubba FC 93
    well done Mark, that was a close run thing, still its the Final for you and a possible double with you taking the league title as well, i cant see Tom's team, Irving PU, clawing back 60 pts or so to catch you, make sure Mike cough's up that Harrod's Hamper lol. :wink:

16. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Thank you VonBilly. That was a bit too close for comfort.

Semi-Finals results are updated. Finals are set with Stover FC v Bubba FC for the FUSA Champions League Championship, while it's jastheaceffc v AC Jux in the 3rd place game. Good luck to all.

I just noticed the finals will continue the U.S.A. v U.K. theme. The semi-finals had jastheaceffc and Bubba FC representing the U.K. and Stover FC and AC Jux representing U.S.A.

17. Jux

Jux New Member

Ouch! Keep in mind, when you only have the Champions League to play for, you can make as many subs as you want a week (and not care about the negative points in the table). I traded each week to try and match what my opponent was doing.

However, Bubba FC did a number on my re-tooled line-up in the semi-final round. Good Job!

18. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Well, results are updated. In the 3rd place game jastheaceffc won over AC Jux 53-29. Well done to both clubs throughout the competition.

For the title Stover FC beat Bubba FC 74-68. Even though Bubba didn't win the final game, the team was on tear throughout the competition. At season's end Bubba FC made the overall top 10, at #9, in the FulhamUSA league. Keep in mind that at the beginning of the Champions League Bubba FC was seeded #35.

Thanks to all the teams. Special thanks to VonBilly for coming up with the whole Champions League idea!