FulhamUSA Ban or suspend policies

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by FFCinPCB, May 6, 2008.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

So I've had few drinks, I'm watching the end of the Galaxy v. RSL match, and the game is over, and I mean officially over. So I have the urge for some immediate correspondence regarding what I am seeing. So I go to Big Soccer, don't look too hard, and jump on what I guess was the RSL thread, and I make a few comments about their crap pitch.

Now, it's official, I am a bad, bad boy for daring to say anything negative about the RSL joke of a stadium on their thread on Big Soccer:

[From the Mod, who calls himself something ridiculous like Modicus Prime, after a Transformer character (I only know this because he has a picture of a Transformer as his avatar)]

Dear FFCinPCB,

You have received an infraction at BigSoccer.

Reason: Trolling - Basic
    -------
    Do not come into the middle of RSL posters trying to do a pbp and start complaining about RSL's stadium with clear intent to troll.
    -------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    BigSoccer

How will I go on my life??

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Try going onto the Galaxy message board and complaining about RSL's crappy pitch and I am sure your whole life will be turned around for the better.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I gotta tell you, if FulhamUSA was as silly and snarky as Big Soccer, I'd have quit after about 10 days. Oddicus Modicus Bodicus. What a larf.

4. IanHux

IanHux New Member

If that happened to the crap people put out on youtube comments youtube would be dead...... Sometimes I read them just to see how stupid some people are.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

As many times the case, good point by BarryP.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Agree 100%, and may it never change. Pettyfog actually does a good job of letting the natural course of events work themselves out, whether Spencer likes it or not.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, there's a couple reasons for that. But first, congrats.. you managed to hijack a thread into relocation!

Now back to the message:

My MO is to NOT operate like BS. I was a big fan of Matchnight {Crew MB} and this MB is sort of organized along the same lines as Lee Smith organized it. I also registered on BS early on but didnt like the tone of the forum, overall, {especially the arrogant attitude of the marketing connection} nor the 'exclusivity' cliquey tone of the Crew forum, while I DID like Bill Archer and was a big fan.

So when Tom and Mike asked me to Mod here, I decided to be more like Lee. Knowing what I do now, I should have asked Lee if I could have run a much smaller version of matchnight buit that is just hindsight.

But this forum isnt like the Offal or T-F-I, either. Both of them have objectionable -to me- posters and content. To say nothing of their format.

The reason for that is establishment of tone from the beginning. It's a LOT harder to fix things once the wheels come off, AND it helps that we tend to draw from those who dont necessarily feel comfy in an atmosphere of unbridled banter (slagging).

AND that this forum isnt run by committee. I've never had a 'suggestion' from either Tom or Mike.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You know, 'fog, this is actually the least contentious site I've ever visited or posted on. I think that one of the reasons that this works is that there isn't a "be nice" policy or a special "no holds barred" section that has limited access.

I've abandoned my favorite guitar site because the mods have all been trained to take all threads concerning "controversial" posts to "the loading dock" where only dues-paying members can go. Controversy, of course, is described as discussions on religion and politics. The problem is that the mods don't recognize conservative hectoring and Christian prosletyzing as "controversial" but they do zap all posts critical of the GOP and religion. I once pointed out that a 25-post thead ranting about the need for a school voucher program was not only political, but partisan political and that it was actually possible for someone who wasn't right-wing Christian to be offended. After about 6 more posts condemning me for "politicizing the thread," my post was deleted.

Here, by contrast, where there's no overt threat, I spend a lot of my time antagonizing THE MODERATOR and I've never lost a syllable of what I've posted.

Good work, Jim. And good restraint from Tom and Mikey.