Fulham's Winter Window: Guess who's in or out..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Boa to Spurs

clap, clap, clap

we're not worthy.....

okay, who's next?

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, as the only published poet on the site, I'll refrain from verse [although I know mine couldn't be worse].

If Boa is off to Spurs, I suppose that's okay. I'd prefer NOT to have him in the side of a team we do a derby with twice a year. I worry about the next Spurs match with Steed as it is. Having said that, I'm not doing any cartwheels about losing a player whose passion for the club has only been called into question recently.

Others of you may see Boa in his/her mind's eye in another way, but my mental pictures of him are his fighting for everything on the left wing and, most especially, this goal he scored last year against the Scum.

If you're gone, Boa, best of luck -- but not against us.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Alright, I'll give it a go:

A deadly snake once danced in the grass,
    but he could no longer make a killer pass.
    He was simply out of gas,
    so the gaffer sent him out on his ass.

I will actually miss Boa Morte (aka deadly snake) he was big part of team and I still believe he can still be a key player. I'm not sure what the problem is this season, if he's battling injuries or what. No matter, like Don, I wish him the best.

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Reck 'em Rack 'em Rock 'em Rick 'em,
    Ship him out then let's go kick 'em.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Coleman talks about Dempsey to Sky

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

It really isn't wise to talk about a player and get fans' hopes up that he will join especially when the likes of Everton want that player. Dempsey has skill, but I really don't think this is the right league for him. Also I don't like the off field problems and the fact that he dives.

Boa can leave just as long as we bring in quality to replace him. Maloney would be nice or maybe Ettien can come and play on the right and Radz on the left.

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Off the field problems? He got in a fist fight at practice once but its not like he's been busted with six unregistered guns and resisting arrest like half the NFL guys seem to have. Other than his practice punch-up I'm not aware of any problems. I hardly see him as a diver either but maybe that's just me.

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Just in my opinion, we/I don't want to get rid of Diop. He's happy at Fulham and has been unlucky with injury. Forza Diop.

9. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Im definatly with Spencer on this one, besides if you ask me that fist fight with Franchino just shows Dempsey is tough and wont back down.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

A little off topic here, but I want to point this out
    Wrong in SO many ways!

This is why we talk about this stuff on here, and dont even bother -much- on the Offal

11. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

His attitude is about himself just like those NFL players you talk about. He probably faked injury at the end of the season to make this move to Europe and and is a diver as well. His talent would be better in Spain as he would have more time on the ball and if he moves to England it could turn into a disaster just like many players who play a similar game.

12. americanmike

A Copy and Paste from Steve B. at TFI:

Great specualation as always this time of year and some of it has been quite close to the truth. I have been keeping my ear close to the ground and talking to some key people and I can tell you it looks quite exciting. The following is my assessment of thinks as I see it but would add that its based on good 'sources' of info. So as Kate Thornton would say.......'in no particular order'....

Firstly, we have spoken to Chelsea about a loan deal for Diarra. QPR heard that he was desperate to play regular football and tried to get him....the player sais no he wanted top flight football. On monday night it is my belief that a deal in principle to take him on loan until the end of this season was agreed all round and now just the n itty-gritty remains. He is, by all accounts, a very hard-working lad who is absolutely chomping at the bit to show chelsea what he can do....for us that be great news.

Watford have enquired about Heidar....we have said no way. However, the discussions then moved to CJ and they asked if they could loan him until the end of season. We are considering it and 'I think' that is why he threw a wobbly. Bouthroyd is due to talk to the player soon and the deal is likely to be confirmed after the news year day clash.

Niclas will leave in the new year.....was due to go in august but the deal was held up....now virtually sorted.

Claus is in discussions about a new deal but is waiting on the club to put a formal offer in writing. He has been linked with a move to Wet Spam and on monday Curbs asked through the correct channels if he were available. If he does not accept the deal we offer then he will go in January.

Zakuani is wanted by at least 3 clubs.....Colchester, Ipswich and Palace have all been in and it is almost certain he will be loaned out in January....mainly as the club know that he needs games and experience.

Our efforts to bring in a centre back are virtually close to success. The club identified 2 possible targets in the summer, one a czech based in Italy and the other playing in the north west. I have delayed posting as this issue is quite sensitive at the moment and the club want to finalise the deal as soon as they can in the new year. If we get the italian based player it will be a £3.5m ish transfer....if not it will be up to us to buy and offer a 3 year deal to the other the player as he WILL NOT go out on loan. He wants a permanent deal as his contract is out in May and he has been told he will not get a new one.

Danny Murphy has been mentioned but I am led to believe that his wages are possibly too high for us to take him. There have been talks and these may well continue during the coming weeks. The players agent is keen for him to come, the player would relish the challenge but he will be expensive to pay.

SWP has been told to stay at Chelsea and work harder on breaking into the side.....I do not think he is going to be loaned out anywhere.

LBM has again told the club he wants to stay. Boa believes his contribution this year has been below expectations and wants to get over this injury and get back to what he does best. The club have, however, been approached by someone who is likely to table an offer of around £5m.....this may be too tempting to refuse at the moment. In this sundays papers there will be specualtion about this offer and the clubs name will be published....make your own mind up when you see it as too whether you think Boa would go there !!

Finally, spare a thought for Jimmy Bullard. He is putting on a really brave face but is deeply worried about the future. His injury was so severe that the surgeons were worried far more than we were told about his future. If the lad pulls on a fulham shirt again we should all be very grateful to the doctors and surgeons who are looking after him............good luck Jimmy.

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Mixed news, at best.

Notably missing, word of Dempsey or, I know I'm fixated, Gooch.

14. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

So there is hope. From the offal:

21/12/2006 04:44:02 | Quote
    Standard_01 | Posts: 1
    According to sources back here in Belgium, there is still considerable interest by Fulham for Oguchi Onyewu, the American defender playing for Standard Liège. I am a season ticket holder at Standard and your manager Coleman was at the ground last friday night when we played our last home game before the Christmas break.

and, at the bottom of Stevie B's post on offal:

In regards to Dempsey, says it's with the Home Office and need to wait untill Jan 4th because of work permit.

:)

15. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Contuing form the offal, from a Standard fan in Belgium apparently:

Standard_01 | Posts: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FulhamFranekColonial said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Standard_01 said:
    According to sources back here in Belgium, there is still considerable interest by Fulham for Oguchi Onyewu, the American defender playing for Standard Liège. I am a season ticket holder at Standard and your manager Coleman was at the ground last friday night when we played our last home game before the Christmas break.

I'm a broken record regarding this, but what a great, late Christmas present if it happens.

Fair enough, we've been hearing about him leaving for over a year as well now, but now the situation is different and it is certain he'll leave.
    Situation is as follows : Standard had to make a big effort to get Gooch to extend his contract last season, and as a consequence there is a clause in it which allows Gooch to get his transfer upon condition that a certain minimum transfer fee (exact amount not disclosed) goes to Standard. At 5 to midnight of the end of the summer transfer window, Real Madrid put an offer in for 8 million euro (and before any of you ****neys asks what that is in "real money" thats £5.5 million). Having no time (well, 5 minutes...) to get an alternative the offer was rejected. In any case, only reason Real would want Gooch is a Marketing tool to conquer the US shirt market. Onyewu himself has repeatedly stated in the Belgian press he does not want to go there as his playing chances would be minimal. Because of the contract clause he has quite a bit of power himself in determining where he would go. I guess Standard are happy with a fee of 3-4 million euro, any team offering that can get him. Gooch prefers to go to the Premier League, only alternative he considers is Spain. He is good, but he's not that good, and he is young so wants to get in the squad. In other words, he will not go to the Man Uniteds of this world. Looking at the way he bid farewell to the fans last week, it is 99.9% certain he goes. Standard has even transferred in his replacement already at the beginning of this week! Teams being mentioned as having shown strong interest : Fulham, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough, AEK Athens. So from where I am sitting, he's gone, and so far the strongest destination rumours have been regarding Fulham.

16. americanmike

This is going to be a very tough match and West Ham are bringing their supporters in full force. I would really like to take all three points in this one due to my disgust with everything West Ham.

They are fighting for their places due to a new manager but I still have some faith in this one. I think our boys are now ready for them. COYW's

17. DCDave

DCDave Member

Right now, we need bodies more than anybody else. Gooch, Dempsey, American Mike, me, whomever. (Can anybody on this board play midfield?)

It'd be nice to have everybody playing their regular positions. Is that too much to ask? I think the players deserve some sort of medal for playing wherever and doing whatever they can to hold things together.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, you have a natural right-winger and a natural left-winger on the site. I haven't played since 1975, and I'm not sure about my fellow muppet's background. But if you'll FedEx me some new knees, I'll run that ManUre/England right back ragged!

19. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Absolutely, Dave. Boca, in particular, might have reason to be worried about his preferred spot at center back being usurped by someone like Gooch (if not Gooch himself) as it was at the World Cup this year, but he is making a hell of a case for himself by being available not only as a left-sided def, but as a d-mid.

For his sake, I hope that kind of flexibility and teamwork gets him good credit and more time on the field, as I think his positioning and ball-handling are getting better. Plus, he can score from set pieces.

All that aside, would I like to see us pick up Gooch? Hell, yes. Bring him.

20. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Interesting note on Claus. I wonder if this will have anything to do with the Dempsey signing? I wasn't too terribly excited about Dempsey, but if Claus may be on the way out, I have no problem with it.