Fulham's Winter Window: Guess who's in or out..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

According to many sites we are interested in Levante winger Felix Ettien. I read an article some time ago about this on Sky Sports and their were some quality teams taking a look at this player. Looks like he could be a decent player and would be cheap as he is going to be out of contract in the Summer.

http://www.fulhamweb.com/fulhamweb/news ... le_id=5890

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Gooch rumor back on:

Aston Villa, Fulham and Wigan are all after the American defender Oguchi Onyewu. The USA international is currently playing his football in Belguim with Standard Liege.
    The 24 year old defender has previously played for Metz and La Louviere. He has played 17 times for USA.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

shush........

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

5. americanmike

Fulham are eyeing PSV Eindhoven midfielder Mika Vayrynen.
    The Mirror says the Cottagers are willing to pay £3million for the Finnish international.

Fulham manager Chris Coleman could move for the 24-year-old attacking midfielder to fill the creative void left by Steed Malbranque, who joined Tottenham on the final day of the summer transfer window.

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

who? he any good? does that mean no Dempsey?

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Fulham are being linked to a number of midfielders of only maybe 1 or 2 might be signed. I think it's mostly just in case something happens to one of the players we're linked to...signed by another team, work-permit denied, etc.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

9. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Well the fact that he can't get even sub minutes for PSV should tell you how good he is. He isn't any good especially at that price. I realise PSV are a good team, but still he doesn't play for them much and when he does play he doesn't do much.

Maloney would probably be a replacement for Boa. He seems to have skill on the ball and some pace which is good for a winger. He also has European experience which is good as well.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

too bad we havent seen enough of Beasley in the Prem after he came over..

I have my own ideas about how good a benchsitter for Eindhoven might be, but you cant judge all books...

11. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

In other news Newcastle don't want Knight. This might be the best time to get some cash for Knight. I really don't belive he will be this good consistently.

We should look at Viduka. I know he is injury prone, but his record is good in the Premiership and he would be cheap. It would be less of a risk than to bring in Montella.

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

While Zat Knight is not the best defender in the Premiership, he is a defender Fulham needs this season. Our defense is already thin when it comes to the number of players that can play center-half.

Getting rid of him would mean we have to rely on Ian Pearce, Philippe Christanval and Gabby Zakuani. I do not like the looks of that defense and I also do not like Fulham's chances of getting a good center-half in the hustle and bustle of January.

I am not in favor of getting rid of Knight until we already have a replacement and as far as I can see, we do not have one at present time.

13. pettyfog

Despite Zak {errr.. Zat} being bashed constantly about his distribution, when I watch him, I see something that not many other CB's offer... ranging across the goal mouth.

I'm for keeping him... if we had Goma to tutor Boca in the finer points and Onyewu to come up in the ranks (would be quickly) it might be different.

14. DCDave

DCDave Member

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think we ought to keep Knight if we don't have a replacement.

I like Viduka, he's always impressed me and we certainly are not overloaded on savvy veterans. We also could use another striker with a nose for the back of the net.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think we need to keep Knight as well. He's played very well. Pearce is a good player, but he's not a 38-match player. I think you need to get Christanval and Boca in there as well.

Viduka is intriguing. You don't have to push him; he's a punishing striker, but he does spend some time on the d-list.

Unlike some on this site, I don't think that FFC are in trouble right now. I think that our injuries have taken us from solid to decent, not from weak to disaster. Re-Varynyn -- there's no comparison to DMB. Beasley contributed significant minutes in significant games during the better part of two seasons over there. He hasn't done much in the EPL due to injury, but that's a bad comparison -- almost as bad as comparing him to Robben but from the opposite perspective.

16. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Keep Knight for the reserves. Boca and Christanval would be my choice for centre backs. Bring in another defender for cover and sell Zat at the end of the season to a championship side.

17. americanmike

Boa to Spurs

Well, Boa has mysteriously picked up a hamstring tear that is going to take him out of the game for 4 weeks where he will miss the entire Christmas campaign.

I have a feeling that a fee has been agreed and this excuse is being used so that he doesn't get injured. This 'tear' couldn't of been suffered vs. Liverpool thus it was in training!? Strange.

I think he is off to Spurs, again, pure speculation but why else would he play so well against Arsenal and then become crap a week later. A swan song...

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Boa to Spurs

Boa leaving is perfectly fine with me. I actually hope this is the case.

19. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

A hamstring tear,
    Oh dear.
    Boa off to somewhere,
    But I will shed no tear.
    Perhaps though, raise a beer,
    and let out a hardy cheer!

20. pettyfog