Fulham's Winter Window: Guess who's in or out..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Shaun Maloney could be a decent option from Celtic. Has CL experience and looks to be a player with skill on the left side. Routledge is better on the left and Radz could be with Toronto FC.

Dempsey will probably go for more than 2M and if that happens then Charlton can have him much rather have Routledge as he is more proven in the EPL. Could Dempsey even handle the physical play? He seems to go down far too easily.

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Stop. No Celtic players will come to Fulham, because why would they move from a teamthat plays in the Champions League?

Dempsey can handle and then some. No worries. My bet is that he feigned injury at the end of MSL season in part to save himself for Europe. Just a stab at it. Don't know for sure.

3. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

In defense of Dempsey, his latest injury usually requires 5-6 weeks to play again.
    He played in the MLS cup and gave it his all with only 4 weeks to heal.

4. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Same reason a lot of people in any sport go to different teams: money.

Besides, do we not want Fulham to get Oguchu Oneywu, a defender on a team who did go to the Champions League (admittedly, they lost in the third round)? I think Fulham should at least make an attempt at getting players regardless if they were on CL squads.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Celtic goes back and back to the Champions League, versus Standard Liege had one good season. I think Gooch stayed in part to have that experience. He is good as gone from there in my book.

And I agree with your logic if Fulham spent money, but currently they do not.

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

He would want to move because of the EPL. Celtic have been rubbish in Europe until this year and really the SPL is a joke. If he wants to play for Scotland he will be smart and come play for a EPL team and prove himself against some of the best defenders in the world. Also we aren't exactly out of the race for at least UEFA Cup football which is where Celtic will Probably be after the Group stages in next years CL.

Dempsey is a diver and a cheat and a bad teammate. Better off in Spain. He will be overpriced just like Eddie Johnson was when he went on that scoring run for the Nats.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fulham and Newcastle both watched Leicester's Australian defender Patrick Kisnorbo in action for his country against Ghana last week. (Times)

Who is he? The only thing I could find is that he has played well for Leceister and has scored a good amount of goals for a Centerback.

Also that Mika guy from PSV is rubbish and doesn't get a game for them. I wouldn't mind getting Culina or Simons though.

8. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

There are reports linking us to Ben Watson from Crystal Palace. I think this would be a great move. When he played in the EPL with palace he looked decent and from what I have read he has played better than Soares since Palace have went down in the Championship. Probably would be cheaper than many think as he is out of contract soon.

9. arwIII1970

arwIII1970 New Member

Supposedly Dempsey prefers Charlton over Fulham. He has no agent right now either.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Heh... what do you all think of 'SoccerAmerica'? Yeah, me too...

Ridge Mahoney is a putz!

Now i wonder if I'm right about McBride coming back in January.

11. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Hope he prefers playing the the Soda League next year!

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Coleman Looking For a New Revolution

13. pettyfog

He cant remember how many times he went to look at CD?!!!!

Then I see why he's uncertain about getting him.

14. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Dempsey Signs for Fulham, but...

In the papers here today:

Fulham have agreed a deal to sign American striker Clint Dempsey - but the transfer could be scuppered by work permit problems.

The Cottagers have hammered out a fee with New England Revolution for the 23-year-old, who can also play in an attacking midfield role.

Fulham boss Chris Coleman recently confirmed his interest in the player, who is one of the star performers in the MLS.

Dempsey is in the final year of his contract with New England and has stated his desire to move to the Premiership.

Come on, let him join!

15. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Dempsey Signs for Fulham, but...

grrrrrrr, what is up with immigration in England?

Mrs. Mike have any available sisters for Deuce?

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Dempsey Signs for Fulham, but...

Let me see ... played in the World Cup ... MLS player of the year ... US Footballer of the year ... yeah; he's probably not prominant enough.

dumbasses

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

As I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Relax, the only player that has the required number of games to automatically qualify for a UK work permit is Landon Donovan. If they let Corey Gibbs through on special exemption, they'll let Dempsey in.

18. pettyfog

Umm... isnt Gibbs a case of EUFA 'gateway'?

I agree he'll be granted on appeal, though.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I like Dempsey just behind the forward line. He has demonstrated the same sort of aggression and swaggering presence that Bullard gave us early in the season.

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

No, I don't think so. I'm trying to find the old stories through google, but can only find that his Charlton contract was subject to the UK Home Office granting a work permit. I swear I remember them rejecting the permit initially because of the lack of caps, but I could be wrong, but I don't think he qualified because of any European passport.

Bobby Convey's work permit was rejected when he was scouted by the Spurs, he got through to play for Reading a year later, and he didn't have the necessry CAPS.

I don't think Fulham should worry about the work permit not being granted, it just might take longer than usual.