Fulham's Winter Window: Guess who's in or out..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And don't forget Brian's presence being such an attraction to a certain central defender whose name I'm not going to mention and who we should have signed LAST January and whom I hope we'll sign this January.

Can't have too many Yanks -- although I'm willing to let Reading have Eddie Johnson if they really want him. He had a horrible season both on and off the field.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, but you must remember Dempsey and Johnson are very good friends. Also, I think Dempsey and Convey were roommates during the WC training.

I'm thinking Reading are the favs in signing him, if it's true they want him.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Dempsey in Blue Hoops......it just doesn't seem right.

Not to mention, Deuce can spit his rhymes in the clubs of London and get the Cottage bumpin'. Yeaaaaaah, boyyyyyyy.

Or whatever those youngsters are saying these days.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

get on down with your bad self, whitest white boy in Panama City Beach! :lol: :shock: 8)

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

And you know this, maaaaaaaaaaan!

:banana:

6. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I read, god can't rember where.......might have been a SportsIllustrated peice that Dempsey turned down a trial with Everton. That would have been a good team for him. He wants Europe bad, so I don't really see why he'd turn the trial down.

If Dempsey goes to Reading where does he play? There pretty much set in the midfield, or at least thats been my impression.

7. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Reading are not likely to survive in the Premiership long term as thay do not have the investors. Middle tier PL clubs will come in for their half decent players. Fulham is a bigger draw for 2 reasons.

1: We are more established
    2: We are in the middle of London. More than one player has come because of location. London is an amazing city.

None of this means that he is the right player for us, but if you lot think he is good, and CC fancies him then that is good enough for me.

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Friday gossip:

Fulham boss Chris Coleman is preparing to make a move for PSV and Finland striker Mika Vayrynen. (Daily Express)

I suppose this in reaction to the possible bid by Watford for HH. I don't know anything about this guy. Off to YouTube I go...

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I read that Dempsey refuses to trial with any team, he said he has played enough for scouts to know whether he is good or not. He's done with the trialling bit at this point in his career.

You can never have enough midfielders, they're like good pitchers for baseball, imo. And it seems they always get injured down the stretch.

10. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

That and he has a sprained ankle he'd probably want to heal as well.

Soccer 365 says Dempsey's in negotiations but with who, we have no idea. This article from the Daily Sentinel makes it clear he's in negotiations, looking to get a work permit (difficult?) and a physical (not so difficult?)

If it's an EPL team, I hope he has no problems getting a work permit. He may not meet the 75% of A-level games requirement, but he was a starter on the WC squad and scored the team's only goal!! That should be enough, right?

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, I think his work permit might be turned down, but he should win on appeal easily on a special excemption status. He was just named the US player of the year, as well.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

From BBC's rumor mill:

"...Spurs are also keen on luring Fulham's Luis Boa Morte across London in the next transfer window. (People)

US winger Clint Dempsey will choose Charlton ahead of London rivals West Ham and Fulham in January. (People) "

I hope this is not true, unless we have some other players lined-up.

13. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Let Boa go. If you've known me for the last two or three years, you would know its not easy for me to say. I loved the man, met him on several occasions and like him as a player and a person but he is not even a shadow of his former self. I'm disappointed with his attitude, he is no captain.

The only way Clint will go to Charlton (I believe) is if/when Man U. come in for Bent and they use some of that money to throw at him. I want Clint at Fulham...nuff said.

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Mike, I agree Boa is not the same player this year. But who steps in on the left for us? Timlin? Is he finally ready?

15. americanmike

You put Routledge on the left I say, and Radz on the right with Claus and Brown in the middle. Wayne used to play left wing so it won't be that different really. I'm also not impressed with Bouba in the slightest....but this is not a moan post, I want nothing more than for the Boa and Bouba to do well but they simply are not and should sit until they figure themselves out.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Another write-up about Dempsey rumors. And that Coleman is interested in the player

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Has Routledge expressed any preference on what side he plays on? I hate for him express displeasure in being played out of position and then ask for a transfer request. Seems it happens every year with clubs. Diop has been too slow this year and gives the ball away too much. Sigh. What is it with the midfield this year? Boa and Diop can't play like they used to or injuries happen. And Brown needs to return to the line-up, ASAP.

BTW, Nicklaus Jensen can leave. Thanks.

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

19. jmh

jmh New Member

... or, you know, at the beginning of the year.

20. americanmike

From my knowledge, Routledge hasn't expressed any preference for position and I believe he would rather play anyway then not play at all. He has the talent but hasn't been consistent.