Fulham's Winter Window: Guess who's in or out..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

mike...what's the latest gossip you are hearing?

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hey Oms,
    Dempsey and Gooch should be announced tomorrow as Fulham want to announce them both together. Dempsey's paperwork is what is holding it all up and Fulham paid a bit more for Gooch than they originally wanted so lets hope he repays FFC for giving him the opportunity.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

you cheeky tease

(picture me doing back handsprings in my head)

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, I have on the main page transfer news, that Collins John is OUT... but, so far, he seems to be just out in the cold..

Coleman: No John Interest

tipped by 'The Don' of the offal.
    - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -
    While There's THIS hanging around

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

great...thanks for the updates. a great start to this window if you ask me!!!

6. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I remember reading that exact same quote from CC the day of (or maybe after) the Watford match. There's not a date on this story, so who knows. Last I heard, the transfer bid was accepted, but John hadn't yet agreed on wages.

Personally, I'd still like to see him go out on loan, if only because he's 21 and has "UPSIDE".

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

FULHAM TO SNATCH SMERTIN

8. fulham_local_21

fulham_local_21 New Member

i would love to see dempsey and gooch hold their fulham shirts up together! i would proberly become my desktop wallpaper[/quote]

9. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Columbus after McBride.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/crew/cr ... G1-01.html

"The Crew has been in negotiations to bring former captain Brian McBride back to Columbus when his contract with English club Fulham FC expires at the end of May."

Honestly why would he possibly want to go back to Columbus now? I know theres the whole home coming thing. But he's playing so well and in all honesty the Crew are really a very brutal team. Sorry P-fog but its the truth. If anything wouldn't he go to Chicago his actual hometown, and at times a decent team?

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, Americam fitba has caught up with European fitba in one respect: when there's no real news to report, MAKE SOMETHING UP!

The only thing that any of us can guarantee is that when Brian leaves Craven Cottage, the players, the coaches, Cookie and the supporters will all salute him as he goes and wish him well. He's always been a professional, loyal to his colors, and a gentleman.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I can see McBride going back to Columbus or Chicago after this season. He's getting up there in age (at least in playing) and he has a family to think about. I think a move like this would be determined on what McBride and his family thinks is best for their lives, and nothing else. Glory and money doesn't seem to be the end all for McBride, a good thing too, I don't think he would be the player he is today if it were.

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

2 more years with Fulham (and hey, we sponsor him, so shouldn't we at least get to bend his ear a bit!), and then maybe one year in Chicago to appease the MLS'ers and pay hommage to Chicagoland. Then he can get fat like the rest of us. Okay, just kinda soft in the middle.

13. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Well, McBride did start his pro career with Columbus if I recall correctly, so I can see him going back there and not Chicago. But going back to MLS now would do him no good, in my opinion. He means too much to Fulham as a goal scorer as it is; he's certainly respected as the man as he is. Something he would not get by playing on the Crew.

Then get fat? A certain Brazilian striker would contend you can get fat whenever you want as long you score the goals. :)

14. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Milwaukee Rampage never got the respect.

15. jmh

jmh New Member

McHead is from Chicago (or thereabouts), thus the possibility that he might wind up there rather than in Columbus.

You know what? Ronaldo is exactly right. I don't care what our players look like as long as they get the job done. (Much as I might make fun of some of his weird hairstyle choices, of course.)

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Anybody on the east side of the water remember from the late 80s?

"He's fat/he's round/he cost a million pound" -- Paul Gascoigne

A terrible injury cost him his prime, but even as a relative kid he was the most lethally creative player to pull on the England shirt since Johnny Haynes. Nobody cared all that much about his weight until he got on the booze after the injury in '90.

17. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Gazza should have been a ledgend, the injury robbed him, but his attitude never helped! I saw his England debut (may have been his home debut) at Wembely, it was an evening game, as part of my 16th birthday celebrations, the night before I have gone to Aldershot to watch the whites win 2-1 in the league. He was awsom.

18. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

The folks on T-F-I are claiming that reports on Radio 1 have said Fulham has signed defensive midfielder Alexei Smertin. I have no sources other that T-F-I. If I hear more or read more and find a source, I will post it.

20. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member