Fulham's Winter Window: Guess who's in or out..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

NOTE: according to Soccernet's writeup, Boa set up the first two Wet Spam goals on Saturday and played a blinder throughout.

I'm watching this conversation with a lot of interest. I feel that we're stronger now than we were before the sales, and that by the time the sales are over we'll be even stronger. Having said that, I have to agree that Boa was not only our most talented player, but was also a strongly committed professional. Everybody loses his way periodically, and this might have been a longer bad patch than most, but Boa's got a lot of quality left in him, and I'm still a little concerned about letting him go.

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Between that and Steed being Spurs best player yesterday pains me. I'm just praying the replacements will be suitable.

3. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

More gossip....

Charlton's Jerome Thomas could be heading for the exit door at The Valley.

Skysports.com understands that The Addicks are ready to let the 23-year-old winger leave in order to strengthen other areas of their squad.

The former Arsenal trainee has spent most of this season on the sidelines due to injury but he is now back to full fitness.

Thomas, who has 18 months left on his current deal, is now being tracked by a number of clubs.

Fulham, Portsmouth, Wigan and Manchester City are all said to been on securing a deal for the former England Under 21 star.

4. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

the Prophet that is PETTYFOG

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I'm past these two leaving already. The system in place now is not one to or for showcase talent. I think Steed and Boa may have been frustrated by that system. It didn't work with their style of play. And their style of play was no longer the way to success for Fulham. They may play well for their new teams, but I predict any small amount of frustration at those Clubs will yet again show these players' inability to think too far beyond themselves and focus on doing what is best for the "team".

IMHO

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I understand we're now bidding for Lord Lucan, the Man Who Came to Dinner, as well as Eric Morcambe, Tommy Cooper, and David Jason's three-legged dog. :lol:

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Excellent summary FFCinPCB! I agree with you on this one and like you as well, I am already over Boa and Steed being gone.

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

And sometimes someone else is thinking and saying it much better than I could (from the offal):

08/01/2007 08:20:47 | Quote
    Corked Hat location: Brisbane | Posts: 337
    So LBM has gone - so what?
    I wonder how many players have come and gone through those ornate Craven Cottage Gates over those 55 years that I have been following Fulham?
    Some wanted to play for Fulham, some wanted to play for their wage packet, others played just to get away at the first opportunity.
    What I have had, which the vast majority of those players never had, was a 100% commitment to Fulham which has never wavered.
    I didn't choose another club the moment things went pear shaped. I didn't seek a transfer because I disagreed with the manager or I didn't like some of my teammates.
    I didn't go to another club for more money or more glory.
    I didn't come to Fulham having been to a previous club so that each Saturday I would be looking for their result.
    I was Fulham from the start, always have been and always will, and yes players will come and go.
    Some we shall treasure and we shall pay homage for the feats that they performed in a Fulham shirt - others will melt in the heat of their own self importance - others will be sad that Fulham had to let them go because of our usual financial situation - others will be glad to see the back of us and criticise us for years to come.
    But I shall be here, just so long as there is breath in my body.
    The players? It is all down to them and there is sweet FA that you, me or anyone else can do about it, but the comings and goings will continue unabated.
    Live for the moment and enjoy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What we do for ourselves dies with us - what we do for others lives on

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Hey, that three-legged dog has a wicked step-over.

10. Deucefan

Deucefan New Member

On a more serious note, Jerome Thomas would be a great replacement for Boa; young, quick, good crosser and cheap. We would also be stealing one of Charlton's best players, and everyone hates Charlton!
    Imagine wingers of Deuce and Thomas, with Brown,Diop, Bullard or Volz in the centre.

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Corked Hat sounds like a Cubs, Red Sox.. or especially a Browns fan! {NRITL: The RabidDawgz are starting to talk about Jim Tressel! Puhleeze god, NO!}

The fact that buying from FFC proves worthwhile, is a mixed blessing...

It will be noticed by our prospects that the club is watched for talent by the big teams, BUT we'll continue to be dogged by offers which require some man-management...

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

dude...what team have you been watching? Apart from the Arsenal match, Boa has been complete CRAP this season!!! We're not living in the past...this is a "what can you do for me now" league. Radz performed well in place of Boa, especially considering he's not a left-sided player. I don't think he's the answer, but give Cookie some time to get a replacement before you spout off at what a terrible move it is.

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah, I want to see Radz start... for Toronto.

Doggz has it right. Nothing would have been served if CC prevented him leaving, it would have got worse. Same as with Saha though the terms of leaving were different.

14. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Radz has been utter rubbish the last 2 seasons. He has pace and well thats it. He has scored like 2 goals in 2 seasons how is that playing well? Boa will now probably save West Ham while we are stuck with Radz playing regulary and proving himself to be the horrible player he is. From what I have read we are doing what I said we will do find a cheap replacement for Boa like we did with Saha. Boa is class and Thomas isn't on his level and Davies has more injury problems than Jensen. We will never be a top 10 club because we don't spend money and we lose our best players and replace them with rubbish.

15. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Aren't you a ray of sunshine.

Do you like Fulham? Or do you like Fulham too much?

Either way, you seem a bit too agitated with the current state of football at Craven Cottage. Keep it coming though. Perhaps we can help you, others, and ourselves work through the state of Fulhamish that we all find ourselves in many times.

Cheers, Bruddah. Keep a stiff upper lip!

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I love them too much just like the Lakers and Mariners. I don't like it when one of my teams sells their best players and replaces them with rubbish. Selling Boa wouldn't bother me if I knew that we were going to find a good replacement, but as we have found out in the selling of Saha and others we usually try and find players that will cost little to nothing for some reason even though Mo has more money than most of the people owning clubs in England.

17. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I'll say this once and only once....

...dude, have some patience. Cookie and the board are doing what they can to make sure Fulham is safely covered. 3 more weeks of this transfer window and a lot can happen.

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

FFC24, just tell me, what has Boa done in the last two seasons to make you think so highly of him? He had a good game against Arsenal and against Chelsea last season but week in and week out he was inconsistent and the last thing this team needs is an inconsistent captain.

19. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

He has been inconsistent just like half our team. I wouldn't be against this sell if I knew we would sign a quality replacement, but by going on past sells we probably will sign a cheap replacement. If they sign someone of quality then I will say the board have done a good job and admit I was wrong, but I really don't see them signing anyone of quality at this position.

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

In fairness, it appears to be one of the tougher positions for all teams, EPL or not, to fill.

So fathers, teach your sons how to use the left foot, as well as the right. And then maybe someday........