Fulham's Winter Window: Guess who's in or out..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Dempsey is the most important in my book. I think we really need him in midfield. He knows how to handle the ball, and he can score.

Onweyu is 2nd. Gooch will be a great defender.

And I have only seen highlights but I don't think I like this montella fellow very much. :?

2. sfm

sfm Member

3. Pape-Bouba

Pape-Bouba New Member

"Fulham has been relatively fortunate with respect to injuries"

WHAT!?! We are nearlyas unlucky as Newcastle in terms of injuries. 10, count um, 10 first team players injured. Niemi injured in a 50/50, Knight (Or so we're told) injured in a play fight. Bouba Diop, one of our best, constantly injured. Claus injured again. The list is endless.

4. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

Boa's Blowing Bubble's

Luis Boa Morte has left Fulham for West Ham United.

The Portuguese striker and Fulham's club captain has signed a three-and-a-half year deal at Upton Park for an undisclosed fee.

"I am of course disappointed that Luis has decided his future is not with Fulham," manager Chris Coleman has said.

"He has been a great servant to the club and we all wish him well.
    "However, I have always said that if a player is not happy playing for this club and expresses a desire to go, then I would be prepared to let him leave, and this was the case with Luis.

"Having discussed this with the chairman and the managing director, we believe it is in the best interest of the club to invest in players who are prepared to commit their future to us."

"We will continue to add strength and depth this window and, if necessary, the next, to ensure that we have a strong enough squad of players for the future to enable us to push on as a club, which remains our ambition."

:cry:.......... :cry:......... :cry:.............. :cry:................ :cry:.............

5. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

RE: Boa

This better not happen!!!
    Tottenham offer Routledge and Davenport for Young's signature:

more:
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 01,00.html

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Boa

I am pleased Boa Morte has left. His best days are behind him in my mind. Fulham has gotten around 5 million pounds for him which is phenomenal in my book.

Good business by Fulham!

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Its still kinda a shock to my system. I'm disappointed to see Boa go but at 5mil I can accept it. That 5mil just better go into the transfer kitty and no where else! Still would have rather seen Diop gone.

out
    Boa 5mil
    John 3mil ????
    N. Jensen 250k ???
    TOTAL 8.2mil

in
    Dempsey 2mil
    Ethrington Part of Boa deal
    Montella Loan
    TOTAL 2mil

Obviously that’s a huge imbalance at this point. Hopefully we'll step up are Gocch bid, and go after some other players as well. I'd like to see us buy Routldege. With this sale we've brought in a lot of cash. Coleman must be allowed to spend all of it and hopefully more.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

In reading and researching about the Boa deal this morning I have not read one thing about Etherington coming over to Fulham. I had heard that rumour yesterday but have not read it at all today. That leads me to believe Etherington is staying put at West Ham.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I continue to be the minority on this topic -- although I see that VonBilly might agree with me -- but there's no joy in my that Boa is gone. I wish him well, but I don't look forward to seeing him on the pitch when league play resumes and I'm sure that the right side of our defense won't be nuts about it either.

Boa was going through a rough patch, but he's an amazingly talented player who wore his heart on his FFC jersey every match. He epitomized my signature line.

Best of luck, deadly snake, but not against us.

10. martin

martin New Member

I was thinking the same thing. I have not seen any confirmation of Etherington's inclusion in the deal. It would be great if he were - the dude can play. But I don't think it's true.

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

According to comments on the offal, that's correct... he was said to be seen running alongside Boa at their practice.

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Re: RE: Boa

Amen!!!

13. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: Re: RE: Boa

moving Boa was the right thing to do. I love him as much as everyone else, but he hasnt been producing "consistent" dazzling displays that should be expected from a player of his caliber. I think his stock would have only decreases had he stayed so it was the perfect time to cash out. Now we have a glaring hole at left winger. Radz filled in well while Boa was out and should be first choice until we can find someone to bring in, but this in my opinion should be a priority. I think the money from the Boa and John transfers will be used for that, but I also think a portion of that will go to securing Gooch.

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

You and VB are not the only ones on this site to see him go. Here's my post from one of the other transfer threads, posted this morning.

You know it's transfer season when you have multiple threads saying exactly the same thing. :wink:

15. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I am also saddened by the lost of a genuine Fulham hero. He consistantly put everything into his performances, even when going though a bad patch he put himself about.

I hope he does well. I am sad the CJ has not worked out for us as he will get there!

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

How could losing your most talented player be a good thing? Boa was class and now we sold him to a club that more than likely will be alongside us in the Premiership table every year. Unless we have a replacement lined up then this was a bad move. 5M is a joke as there are players going in the Championship for that kind of money. We will probably bring in another piece of shite player to replace him just like we brought in Andy Cole to replace Saha. How did that work out?

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Can you honestly say that the performances of Boa Morte over the last two years were good? He is one of the most inconsistent players I have ever seen in any sport.

On top of that, he is 29-years-old, which in soccer years is aging, especially for someone like Boa who relies on his pace.

Lastly, for a club like Fulham to get the rumoured five million pounds for a player that has been subpar the last two years is outstanding business.

While there is no immediate fill in for him, the team has done quite well this season in the matches he has not played in.

I think people all too often think with their hearts rather than their heads when seeing players they like leave. Boa has been rubbish the last two seasons aside from a good game here and there. Let West Ham take him and try to make him play well. I think Boa's best days are behind him and I was pleased to Fulham cash in on his ass.

18. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Yes lets sell him so we can see Radz starting every freaking game. Do you want to see Radz start? That is what will happen now he will be a starter and if you think Boa has been bad this guy has been worse. 5M is nothing for a player of his quality. If we could of got Etherington in the deal then that would of been a good deal, but West Ham stole Boa for little money. Like I said we will bring in someone rubbish to replace him because that player will be cheap. Our board has lost it seriously. first trying to bid 1M for Gooch then losing Boa for next to nothing considering the price footballers are going for these days. We will probably lose Routledge as well and then be left with Radz and Dempsey and that crap replacement.

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Freddy Eastwood maybe coming to Fulham, for 2.5 million pounds

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

In all honesty I think Radz has been just as good if not better than Boa this season. The Boa I have seen play this season has been anything but good other than the Arsenal game.

The board has NOT lost it. The board is doing quite fine. Remember this team is in 12th place at present time and as I remember correctly from late September and most of October, the team played fine when Boa was out injured. This team will do just fine without him.

I am with you in hoping the team uses that money to bring in some new players, but I am not sure they will. Time will tell.