Fulham @ West Ham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Jan 22, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Wayne Bridge will most likely go right into the starting line up and this will give us some breathing room in the back.

We all know Fulham can win this one and I think we should go for nothing less than all 3 pts.

Niemi

Liam -- Boca -- Goma -- Bridge

Radz --Steed -- Leggy -- Boa

HH -- Yee Haaa

I would rather have LIam on the right mid and put Volzy at right back and put radz in Nova Scotia.

I'll be at the match along with Smokin and his girl. We'll make some noise!!!

2. DCDave

DCDave Member

They are useless on the road. From what Gentleman Jim said, they were terrible in the 1st half. I was going to leave work and go to a bar to watch the 2nd half, but I decided they weren't worth the bother.

3. americanmike

The fans we took to the match were brilliant and we had a great time outsinging the 25,000 West Ham fans.

We can only blame ourselves for this loss. The first have was dismal and our defense, once again, lost the plot. Knight is a serious liability and we don't need him on the field anymore. I still can't figure out why Goma wasn't on the field, he was healthy and fit but didn't even come on as a sub.

McBride and HH did a great job and HELGUSON WAS FOULED IN THE BOX!!! It was directly in front of us and it was a push on the back. I've seen the replays over and over but I guess it doesn't help us now, does it??

Boa wasn't anything spectacular and to be honest, no one really stood out other than the random moments of brilliance by Steeeed, Bridge HH and McBride. Radz was very unlucky with his shot but the guy can't buy a goal.

I now seriously HATE West Ham and its fans and I can't wait to play them again.

4. barking_mad

barking_mad New Member

"The fans we took to the match were brilliant and we had a great time outsinging the 25,000 West Ham fans."
    bwahahaha......What fans.Thats probably one of the worst London derby away supports seen at UP for a long time.I couldn't hear them at the ground and I've just watched the game again and didn't hear them once.Unless it was you lot singing 'Super Tommy Repka'.
    Thankyou very much for the 6 points Fulham....as the old song goes.Cant wait until we play you tossers again.

BTW it was a definite penalty.Always said Uriah Heap was a good ref

5. americanmike

Re: RE: Fulham @ West Ham

Remember kids, this is what happens when you support West Ham. You're confidence goes so low you'll need to visit rival teams messageboards. Tsk. Tsk.

6. barking_mad

barking_mad New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham @ West Ham

Fulham fan in 'Cant take criticism' shocker.
    Rivals...dont think so.Confidence - way up high after last night!

7. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Last night

I have been as critical of CC away from home as anyone, but after watching the game last night, it was obvious we were robbed. The ref to use an old fashion term wimpeed out big time, the commentators tried to help him out saying that HH got himself between the ball and the defender DAH!!!!! thats good play by any forward and they know it, if it was Shearer or Crespo or Owen they would have sung his praises for doing it as the ref pointed to the spot. Instead of just saying my opinion i will try and prove my point, 1. If he had given the penalty he would be conceding that the defender was last man back, therefore depending on the courage of the ref its either a red or at least a yellow 2. If he did see the incident and deemed it not a penalty then he must by law give HH a yellow card for diving in the box. 3. If he did see it and deemed it a fair shoulder barge then he is the lone ranger of refs in the premier this season or any other. 4. My opinion if none of the above are true then he does not deserve to be a ref because he gave niether and the shot I see the defender certainly got him in the back. If like he should have, given the kick even if he only gave him a yellow, Fulham would have been right back in the game and who knows with 34 minutes left and 2-2 and maybe playing against 10 men a good chance to get the three points. Even the West ham manager said a draw would have probably been a fair result. I feel we saw another game decided not by the play on the field but by a inferior ref who totally lost his nerve, but Fulham are not the first team to suffer this and wont be the last, until the FA and soccer generally wakes up about their officials. So dont get onto CC about last night he and the team were robbed.

8. Zack

Zack New Member

This guy serious???...to be fair i've been at west ham sites all day long as well badmouthing the "hammers".....HA!

9. Jux

Jux New Member

They must have "modified" :wink: the broadcast for Fox Soccer Channel because I had no problem picking out the cheers of the Fulham Faithful throughout the match. The response after HH's strike was equally impressive.

As for your four scenarios on the judgement (or lack of) with Heidar, I couldn't agree with you more. You have to call it one way or the other. I guess it's spliting hairs at this point, but I finally got to see the replay last night...so it's still fresh in my mind.

As for West Ham, they are starting to rank up there with Chelski in my book :x