Fulham @ West Ham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Jan 12, 2009.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Okay so lets forget all this frozen pitch business and look ahead to a HUGE game this coming Sunday against West Ham, a club I personally hate. A lot.

Its normally tough to preview a game 6 days in advance anyway, but with the futures of most of West Ham players (please oh please someone buy Bellamy and Cole before Sunday) and even our own Jimmy Bullard (this "dead leg" and "groin injury" are eerily like Defoe's "sickness") in question, it just makes things that much more difficult.

I've never seen us beat West Ham, but I'm really, really hoping that changes. (Have I mentioned they're just a bunch of cheating, media darling thugs?) Unfortunately I see a draw on the cards.

Nonetheless COYW!!!

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

This has nasty, physical match written all over it, in inhospitable surroundings to boot. If we keep our class and refuse to get caught up in the whirlwind of emotion, we'll win.

We win, and hammers are sent reeling,
    while we sneak off squealing....(with delight, and 3 points, and possibly 7th).

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

The Hammers have turned their season around. Gianfranco Zola and Steve Clarke have organized their squad and got them playing well, just like Roy has with Fulham.

Should be a good game. West Ham's problem will be if they have to sell off a few of their top players and thereby lose the positive momentum and play they've built up.

4. IndyCottager

IndyCottager New Member

It should prove to be an interesting game for sure, but the fact that we have only scored twice away from the Cottage this season is not a cheerful fact. I'd like to see a 2-1 Fulham win with goals from Clint and a late header from Brede. Wouldn't be surprised at a 1-0 loss though.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

West Ham have been our bogey team. Year after year they seem to beat us after we out play them.

For those of us who saw the match on TV or live at the Cottage this year, we completely played them off the pitch and then with-in a 15 minute period of crazyness, had a man sent off and gave up 2 goals. It was unbelievable.

If we only get one away win this year, then please God, let it be against the Hamsters. I want nothing more than to go to Upton Park (with my family from NY in tow) and beat them. Man I want to win this!

6. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Game will be televised live, on Setanta Sports, at 8:25 AM.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

sounds like another early morning with GJ and the chatroom gang. I'm with Mikey. I'm tired of dropping points to these geezers.

COYW

8. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

hard game to call this and I can see it being a horrible game to watch-heart says 2-1 win to the Fulham, head says 1-1 bore draw......................................... o stuff it,2-1 to the Fulham!
    COME ON THE FULHAM!

see you in the chat room!

9. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

MMMMMMM, Wet Spam & Eggs!! Fry'm up boys!!
    2-0 to the Good Guys. Brede knocks Bellamy down so hard his tats fall off. And if Bobby Z is in, he gets off the schneid.
    COYW!! :3d footy:

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Shall we say...0-0?

11. sullytex

sullytex Member

I went to the home game this season when my dad and bro were over visiting. My dad and I went to the pisser right at half missed the two West Ham goals and the red card. I'd usually rather my eyes turn yellow before missing part of a match, but I can say I am glad I missed that bit of action. Safe to say I would like a bit of revenge. However I expect a draw.

My thoughts are if we have 30 points by the end of Jan, I would make myself start to look up rather than constantly looking down. A victory would get us on that doorstep. However the table is still very tight.

I believe it is televised on sky Sunday with coverage starting at 1pm gmt.

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I'm with Nev, nil-nil draw.

I really hate those cheating Spammers, and would love to see us take the W with Bob torching 'em for the goal. Just don't see it in the cards with the match at Upchuck Park.

Will see ya'll in the chat room for this one.

13. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Hey, you fellas across the pond, what's the weather forecast for Sun. ? As for the match, CD to stay hot and get a goal, as will BZ for ol' times sake.............Fulham 2-1!

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

If Spam's match with Newcastle is any indictation this should have some action. Carlton Cole is a handful so here's hoping Hangman and Hughes are up for it. If you offered me a point before the match I'd take it and not look back.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Bellamy and Cole look dangerous, but they weren't playing against a quality defense -- and they will be on Sunday. It's funny, I figured this would be a draw. But then the win we should have had last Saturday got frozen out, so ... I'm looking for all three. I really want us to slap these suckers around.

Glad to have the early kickoff on a Sunday also [sorry left-coasters], since I can get the whole match in via GJ/chatroom and not have to miss church.

16. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Yikes, another early start. Well off to bed early again on Friday night.

This one his hard to call for me. I feel as though we will win the match with our defense, just too solid for them....so I'll go out on a limb and say we win 2-0. F5 and Hangeland on a set piece.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, okay Jack. Have an early night on Friday. But since the match is SUNDAY morning, you might want to sleep in a little late Saturday morning!

18. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Our church start time changed to 9:00 AM this year, so I'm going to have to wait and watch it at 12:30, after I get home. It makes me thankful for my DVR, if nothing else :)

19. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Even better, I won't be late for Church due to the early start and I can stay up late tonight drinking Shirley Temple's tonight with the kids. :wink:

20. DCDave

DCDave Member

If anybody is interested in watching the game in the DC area, let me know. I plan on going to Summers in Arlington, one block from the Clarendon stop on the Orange Line.